Discuss Third Party Certification in Wales??? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Are you talking about 3rd party verification?
Are you talking about 3rd party verification?

Unregistered installers should not themselves arrange for a third party to carry out final inspection and testing. The third party – not having supervised the work from the outset – would not be in a position to verify that the installation work complied fully with BS 7671:2001 requirements. An electrical installation certificate can be issued only by the installer responsible for the installation work

Your last post is saying that if you are unable to self certify and notify, you need to employ the services of a Stroma or Napit member who is registered for 3rd party certification. You should not assume that you can employ someone to undertake an EICR, you need an EIC

Your last post is saying that if you are unable to self certify and notify, you need to employ the services of a Stroma or Napit member who is registered for 3rd party certification. You should not assume that you can employ someone to undertake an EICR, you need an EIC

Sorry I'm not explaining myself properly.
I Can Issue EICRs & EICs myself as I am qualified to do so but it seems Wales has a different set up.
Notification cannot be carried out by a third party

Sorry I'm not explaining myself properly.
I Can Issue EICRs & EICs myself as I am qualified to do so but it seems Wales has a different set up.
Notification cannot be carried out by a third party
If you have time or the will, check out Third Party (England) and then (Wales) In Part P

England operates using the 2013 edition of Approved Document P. This reduced the number of special locations and introduced the concept of Third Party Certification. The process goes like this... you engage the services of a spark, spark designs the installation, you install it and they inspect it at key stages they specify, then they inspect and test it, issue an EIC and a building control notification I believe.

Wales operates using the 2010 edition of Approved Document P, which has a much bigger list of special locations and no Third Party Certification.

In either location you can issue EICs, MEIWCs and carry out EICRs providing you are competent to do so. You can notify the council of your plans ahead of time pay them a shed ton of cash to inspect and sign off, show them your quals and hope they deem you competent and then notify them ahead of time but just send them the EIC and have them sign off or be a member of a scheme, do the job and notify yourself after the event.

So yes, your statement 'Notification cannot be done by a third party' is correct.

Reply to Third Party Certification in Wales??? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock