Discuss To Notify DNO or Not Prior to Installation?? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

stevie gill

Hi Guys,

We have a request to install 15 Suntech 245's (3.68kWp) on a due-South facing, 35 degree pitched roof in Devon.

As the Suntech's have power output of up to +5%, I feel an SB4000-TL would be a good match.

Would I still need to do a stage 2 application, or as the array is only 3.68kWp, and the inverter would be setup to G83, would it not be needed?

Any help would be appreciated.

Over 16A per phase requires notification. 3.68kW is the effective cut off for this so you should not need to do it. You would probably be better off using the new 3600TL, (although I have not run this through PVSol) which is limited to 16A I believe, so you could install a full 4kW system still under G83/1.

Is it just a single form the G83-2 to send into DNO? and do you need a response prior to install? Im in an SSE area so how fast is that process?

You have to get a response before you install. They can suggest that reinforcement is required and you may get a price for it.

Play safe and install a 16A capped model.

laptop, sunny explorer, bluetooth dongle, log in as installer, and it's in the right hand tab, 2nd option down, maximum AC output or something like that.

sorry, my brain's not in gear, long day on a particularly awkward roof.

Our chap at ukpower network said to me within 28 days of install for g83, but I submit when customer signs contract. I would also recommend a sb3600tl. The kwp of array doesn't count its the inverter max 3.68kw or less being 16amp.

Thanks Gavin,
I have bluetooth built in laptop, is the installer log in details in the manual?
Sorry ive not used this before!

The sunny explorer will give you a login window with a drop down list for selecting whether you want to log in as user or installer. The window also gives the default passwords (which for reference are 0000 for user, and 1111 for installer).

Reply to To Notify DNO or Not Prior to Installation?? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock