Discuss Using Facebook To Get More Work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dave Buchan

Hi guys,
I know some of you have websites others don’t, but here’s a quick reason why we should all consider registering our companies or services on facebook so that we may gain more business.
Referrals or word of mouth have always been the best form of advertising, but things are rapidly changing with the increasing popularity of social media sites.
Despite the social media revolution, the majority of business owners still have not taken advantage of having a profile on facebook and the opportunities out there to constantly communicate with their customers about their services. Like it or lump it facebook is here to stay and is becoming the new word of mouth.
Here’s an interesting marketing fact for you;
Facebook surpassed Google as the most visited website in the U.S. the week ending March 13th.

I’ve been doing a bit research on this recently and also come across this info;
  • The majority of facebook users are now over 25 years of age
  • The average user spends 45 minutes to an hour on facebook
  • The fastest growing demographic is women over 55 years of age
  • There are over 400 million active users on facebook
  • The average user has 150 friends
  • There are over 100 million active users currently accessing facebook from their mobile phones
If you haven’t registered your business profile on facebook then maybe you should consider it. Word of mouth has always been good, but facebook is even more powerful and it’s definitely cost-effective for small businesses with budget constraints with the only expenditure- giving up your own time to update your company profile. You could be getting your message or services in front of hundreds/thousands of potential customers before they’ve even decided to search google or look towards the newspaper or yellow pages to select the services of your local competitors.
This is the most powerful part, after somebody likes your page the result appears in the news stream and highlights section of the friends of the fan creating more exposure for your business, and most importantly because your profile is now amongst their social circle, they will trust you, your company and your services and when it comes to advertising it really doesn’t get much better than that!
p.s If you liked this post please ‘Like’ my facebook page, Cheers Dave

Very interesting Dave, I think I will join face book under my company name.

I was looking at your web site (looks good) and found the thermal imaging section fascinating , do you get a lot of call for this work ? is it costly to get into ?

Hope you don't mind the questions

Cheers

Ste

What timing, have just finished putting my business on facebook. It is linked to my personal page, but am looking at the rates to setup adverts across the whole of fb.

Reply to Using Facebook To Get More Work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net