Discuss What is the best signal interface for PC ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

inverted circuit movie - now counting to 5 columns instead of 7 lines as before.
Really? I can not share my facebook movie link here? aaaaah
https://www.------------/q1212q/videos/606400177655019
I uploaded it here on this website

Last edited:
36 characters requires 2exp6 or a 6 bit binary counter which resets when the count reaches 35 decimal or 100011 binary. The character identifier address I mentioned is 6 bits long to select one of 36 but could select one of 64 if counter clocks up,to 111111 and then goes to 000000 Since 2exp6 is 64.

I remembered you mentioned a couple of times and also another friend I have also mentioned a couple of times to count by column (not by lines) and count by 5 (not by 7) as I did it initially. To actually corespond to his circuit and yours.
It was hard to start change it, but after I committed to it, I did it. I rotated everything. But also the same issues I had with changing the addresses as before so I give up.. So I asked his circuit and he give it to me and I literally copied here in my proteus simulator. It had some bugs initially, from proteus point of view or wiring mistakes he did but forget about them, but I managed to correct them and make the entire thing work. Initially he output directly from the 2732 memory chip to that 4070 XOR gate array. So 7 outputs. But there were way too many wires to logically create my binary code. So I appealed to the last couple of days circuit that I was making, and choose from it this 74LS138 that literally saved my --- in this situation, in the sense that it lowered the number of pins but also let me create an 8 bit binary string (not longer than 8). Which is perfect because now I can code that binary number into hexa and create my bin file this way. Very practical chip !!! Hehe. All are.
The only problem is, that this circuit right now, is not counting anything. The clock markers are showing me it is working, but the 4516 and 2732 do not change anything in their outputs. They stay Low on all output pins. Im thinking maybe I have to change the counter all together, with my previous one, or to rewire this 4516 more correctly I suppose.
His circuit worked for him and he built it. I can also reverse the display as well, very neat function, which is working right now.
He also said he managed to scroll the letters as well,which I also want, but ... I have to wait until then, to first make it work the normal way. To count correctly through the addresses. But first to start counting, because now is freezed.
This is the progress so far.
Here is the circuit in hidef, do zoom in it to read the names.
Memory and led matrix display v7_b.jpg

I added this old counter from my previous save and it does count to 5 but only the first column of leds and counting to 5th led then back to first led.
Notice I left that reset wire unconnected since I have no reset pin on this chip, or I dont know the tricks I can do to smartly link it.
This is an experiment that is telling me the rest of the circuit is functioning fine.
1662226166453.png

I made some interesting progress but still stuck in the mud...
---video---
https://www.------------/q1212q/videos/624257272380792
Edit and insert this link into your browser address, to be able to see the video.
Unfortunatly, this website is automatically editing the link from facebook. Dont ask me why but it does it.
So edit it a bit and you can see it, its not a big deal.
1662235086426.png

1662235055985.png

Last edited:

Attachments

• F8147755-3D3D-4A87-8F44-7D40B8872221.jpeg
    221 KB · Views: 13
I have shown you already how to make a binary counter from 0 to 255 which then rolls over to 0 and starts counting up to 255 again using two 7493s!

11111111 = 255 in binary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use Qd2 Qc2 Qb2 Qa2 Qd1 Qc1 Qb1 Qa1

2exp8 = 256!!!!!!

I managed to change the addresses !!!!
Only that I did it manually. But I managed to render each letter, also line by line and at very low speed rate. I reach 3 different addresses with 3 different letters.

Reply to What is the best signal interface for PC ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net