Discuss Where do i get one of these please ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Got an Emmeti UFH manifold box we wired up a while ago, fuse inside has gone 'pop' for some reason.

Not brought this type of fuse before - clear casing, got 4a marking on PCB above.

What do I search for is it a special type ?

Thanks Sy

Attachments

• Where do i get one of these please ? IMG_6068.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_6068.JPG
    514.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Where do i get one of these please ? IMG_6067.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_6067.JPG
    395 KB · Views: 36
thanks Dave... just curious what difference is and why they would be in glass 🤔

They are glass so you can see whether or not they are intact. However glass fuses are only suitable for low levels of fault current as the glass cannot contain much energy.

The rating of the fuse will be marked on one of the end caps, followed by a 'F' or 'T', standing for fast or slow( time) blow respectively. Be sure to fit the right type.
That fuse looks like it's been blown by a short circuit or large overload, so do some fault finding before just trying another fuse. Things like relay contacts can be irreparably damaged if subjected to successive shocks like this.

The rating of the fuse will be marked on one of the end caps, followed by a 'F' or 'T', standing for fast or slow( time) blow respectively. Be sure to fit the right type.
That fuse looks like it's been blown by a short circuit or large overload, so do some fault finding before just trying another fuse. Things like relay contacts can be irreparably damaged if subjected to successive shocks like this.
just checked with Emetti F1 4a time delay - thanks for heads up

5x20mm fuses come in both glass (LBC = low breaking capacity) and sand-filled ceramic (HBC = high breaking capacity) body versions. The glass type is standard within equipment especially for ELV circuits where the short-circuit current might only be a few amps. It's OK to replace an LBC with an HBC of the same rating and speed, but obviously not the other way round.

With PCB markings take care not to confuse the component identifier (e.g. F2 = fuse No. 2) with the rating (e.g. F2A = 2A fast-blow.) The marking 'F1 T2.5AH' would indicate that fuse No. 1 is an HRC 2.5A slow-blow type.

FWIW the speed letters are German. F = flink = nimble, T = träge = sluggish. There are also M (medium) and FF (ultra rapid) types but they are much less common.

Last edited:
5x20mm fuses come in both glass (LBC = low breaking capacity) and sand-filled ceramic (HBC = high breaking capacity) body versions. The glass type is standard within equipment especially for ELV circuits where the short-circuit current might only be a few amps. It's OK to replace an LBC with an HBC of the same rating and speed, but obviously not the other way round.

With PCB markings take care not to confuse the component identifier (e.g. F2 = fuse No. 2) with the rating (e.g. F2A = 2A fast-blow.) The marking 'F1 T2.5AH' would indicate that fuse No. 1 is an HRC 2.5A slow-blow type.

FWIW the speed letters are German. F = flink = nimble, T = träge = sluggish. There are also M (medium) and FF (ultra rapid) types but they are much less common.

Never knew that's where the speed letters came from. I always thought it was T=Time lag and F = Fast.

Reply to Where do i get one of these please ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock