uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss why calculate with 230 rather than 240? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LukeScotty

-
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Correct me if i am wrong but do we do calculations with 230 instead of 240 because of voltage drop, if your allowed 4% then 4% of 240 is 9.6v. 9.6 - 240 is 230.4 which is more or less 230V

I don't know whether I'm right or wrong, please comment

regards luke

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Aico 3000
T

TonyM58

Luke, basically no!

We have standardised at a Uo of 230V, instead of the previous 240V (I beleieve as part of CENELEC, harmonisation etc)

You work put the 4% of the Uo, so for 230 is 9.2V. I quite often use this in reverse in the v drop calcs, by putting 9.2 in as the answer and seeing how far i can go with a cable of set mV/A/M for a set design current

In the 17th, the V drop changes, aint got the details but there are different percentage values depending on your circuit.:eek:

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to why calculate with 230 rather than 240? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Get paid faster with card payments | Go Paper Free - Save Hours | Offer Finance to Customers
Top Bottom