Discuss Basic electronics resources. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Ringo

Not totally off-topic I suppose - I'm interested in learning more about electronics and circuit design. I'm currently half way through 2330 Level 3 and really enjoying the electronics element (brief though it is).

I have done some circuit building in the past and know how to identify components, how to solder, how to apply the maths and science of it all etc. etc. What I'm interested in getting my teeth into is designing circuits. For example, being a musician I'd be interested in building basic effects pedals - so how to take a guitar signal, apply distortion and output to an amp. Or even building an amp... Not just downloading existing builds but actually designing from scratch. I guess it's the audio side of things that most interests me, but can anyone recommend a good resource to start getting used to the logic of it all? (What's that? Try Google? I know what Google is, thanks - I'm hoping there's some experienced voices here ready to share the wisdom).

Cheers.

3 phases and neutral is enough for me. :smiley2:

Reply to Basic electronics resources. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My name is Josh & I'm just starting to get into electronics and working on some projects to further develop my skills however have...
Replies
Views
C
Hi All I have just taken a job as a Product Manager at a company I have worked for for 20 years. Up to this time I have been in Logistics. I...
Replies
Views
craigj1303
C
B
Prefix - I've tried to post this in automotive, but it would not let me. This may be because I have not been recently active. Apologies if this is...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I've been following the threads about pricing and predictions of the solar world after Apr 2012 with interest. Down here in the SE there...
Replies
Views
jerriais
J

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock