• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Certificate Software - time to change? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Murdoch

Electrician's Arms
I've been using PIRform / Shineforms for many years now - it costs about £90 per year but has a few irritating niggles....... and my annual subscription is due in about 3 years.

So with the 18th Edition just around the corner is it time to change software?

Key things for me are :

PC based - I do all certificates on my laptop
The ability to give a certificate a unique number - I use the invoice number
Runs on windows 7
Relatively easy to use!

Thoughts and suggestions please guys & girls

Thanks

Andy78

Respected Member
I use Easycert and really like it. You can set up templates to save time filling in.
Pricing is a bit odd. You pay a one off fee to buy the software and then an optional yearly service fee. The service fee gives you tech support and updates as well as other stuff like multi device syncing.

Heard good things about electraform and vespula too.

bigspark17

Electrician's Arms
I use Easycert and really like it. You can set up templates to save time filling in.
Pricing is a bit odd. You pay a one off fee to buy the software and then an optional yearly service fee. The service fee gives you tech support and updates as well as other stuff like multi device syncing.

Heard good things about electraform and vespula too.
You need to pay the yearly fee to be able to send the certs too.
Another vote for easycert

Murdoch

Electrician's Arms

Sintra

The Innkeeper
Staff member
Admin
Electraform is supposed to be good, just buy certs as you need them for £1.00 each with no subscriptions. So what have you got to lose other than a quid if you don't like it?

Murdoch

Electrician's Arms
I just save them as a pdf and attach them to an email normally. Had no idea you could email them through the software.
Can you assign a certificate number yourself?

Murdoch

Electrician's Arms
So easycert has good comments, what’s bad about it?

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.