Discuss combi microwave 2900w on switch fuse or 16a supply? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
when installing circuits protected my mcb's , i have always used the 80% rule. eg a lighting circuits where the load won't exceed 80% of the mcb rating.

i have a combi microwave. max 2900 watts . 2900/230 = 12.6 Amps. does 80% apply to cartridge fuses? i guess this could be classed as a continuous load as the microwave oven may be on for long lengths of time.

16a circuit with dp pole switch and outlet seems the best plan?

cheers

Reply to combi microwave 2900w on switch fuse or 16a supply? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Currently rewiring my house. I am installing a new oven - 3.65kW and combi microwave - 3.6kW protected by a 16A mcb. Would a 2.5mm for...
Replies
Views
I have a 230 Volt single-phase circuit with a 100 Amp cutout fuse and a 100 Amp MCB switch, so the supply is rated at 23 kVA. Only about 13% of...
Replies
Views
The never ending debate about supplies for cooking appliances. ??? I've just received an email from a customer that I'm in the process of quoting...
Replies
Views
When our Victorian semi was tarted-up in the 1980s, the cooker circuit to the kitchen was ripped out but fortunately since we moved in in 2000 the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock