Discuss how will the JIB grade me? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

My point is you can't just use 2356 as the qualification to say 100% that you are a spark and denie others such recognition because they don't have it. I was just trying to make a point that some of the clowns I have seen with the 2356 can claim they are 'electricians', when infact they are far from. Saying that I am saying there should be no regulatory body is pulling #/.p out of thin air. As stated before, IF, you really want it, you do have to take the 2356 unless you can prove experience another way.

Mate don't listen to these JIB obssesed bureaucrats, they haven't a clue, all the qualifications in the world couldn't prove you're a good spark. Most of them are probably bending conduits all day and thats there problem, theres their chip on their shoulder. Thats the reason why they say its a sparks job whilst every boss leaves the conduit work to others because its the pitts!

it is of course a combination of the two, experience is required to carry out the work and qualifications to prove you have been trained, the problem rises when qualification routes are altered changed, when originally sparks trained prior to the introduction of the nvq3 - now obviously a bar needs to be set, a minimum qualification required to be classed as an electrician and it currently stands at the nvq door but it should be realised that sparks trained prior to this should either be excempt or automatically graded as nvq3. Anyone not filling this criteria would be requires to attain the qualifications currently used as standard.

Most of them are probably bending conduits all day and thats there problem, theres their chip on their shoulder. Thats the reason why they say its a sparks job whilst every boss leaves the conduit work to others because its the pitts!

I for one do ALL my own conduit work because I really enjoy doing it.

Also I wouldn't expect anyone to do anything I'm not prepared to do myself!!!

The JIB is what it is, like it or lump it. Either way STOP turning every thread into a JIB bashing exercise as it's getting a bit boring now!

The JIB is what it is, like it or lump it. Either way STOP turning every thread into a JIB bashing exercise as it's getting a bit boring now!

This is a JIB thread

Your preference. But its realistic taht most mates jobs now say...must have experience in installing conduit & trunking £9ph. Fact Lenny!

Reply to how will the JIB grade me? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net