Discuss NICEIC fire dection cert. in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

eagleeye

I have just recieved my booklet of test certs for smoke alarms. FHP3. does anyone know how to fill out the part "system grade and system category", what boxes to tick and which ones not to in the "commissioning" section and also which boxes to fill out in the "user instructions" section

Surley if you are unsre of this should you be designing, maintaining and commissioning smoke detection. BS5839:6 is the regulations that will tell you what you need to know.

Thanks for the comment. Have now gone though the BS5839 part 6 and understand. All i am unsure about is what the db level of alarm should be when i test. Is it 75db in bedrooms ?

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Sorry just re read my post, didnt want to sound rude in my above post but wouldnt like to give out only enough information for you to fill in a few questions on a form without knowing you have enough information to correctly design & comission the detection.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]All sound level tests should be carried out with all doors closed.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Hope this helps.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Adam
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]"The sound should not permanently damage hearing but it should be a minimum of 65dBA or 5dBA above any background noise likely to exceed 30 seconds. Should excessive noise be present, a visual indication of the alarm condition should also be provided. If the alarm is to wake sleeping occupants, such as in a hotel, the sound level should be a minimum of 75dBA at the bedhead. Sound level frequencies should normally be kept within the range of 500 to 1,000Hz[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]No matter how small the system, a minimum of two sounders are required and the correct sound levels must be maintained in all parts of the building.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]The sound level is reduced by approximately 20dBA by a door and by approximately 30dBA by a fire door.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Multiple small sounders produce a better sound distribution than a few large ones. In some areas, a large number of quieter sounders may be preferable to a few very loud sounders to prevent noise levels becoming too loud. Due to individual site characteristics, sound level checks should be carried out to ensure minimum sound levels are obtained."[/SIZE][/FONT]

I am assuming you are talking about mains powered smoke detectors? If you mean a 24v system with fire alarm control panel you need to comply to BS5839:1 not 6.

Adam

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to NICEIC fire dection cert. in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net