Discuss Non CE lighting without earthing in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

There is an earthing boss in the base bellow year red line. There is no earth continuity between the bottom section and the rest of the fitting. The rest of the fitting is un earthed, the middle section is a fairly thin gauge tube separate form both the base and the lamp.
The lamp holder does have an earth which is connected but there is no continuity between this and the rest of the exposed steel structure.

I don't see any reason that the middle section would need connecting to earth? If it is insulated from the earthed metal parts as you suggest then it presents no problem

'
I don't see any reason that the middle section would need connecting to earth? If it is insulated from the earthed metal parts as you suggest then it presents no problem

I don't believe it is guaranteed to be fully electrically isolated.

1) It’s only insulated by a layer of paint that will likely break down over time.

2) A flex runs through it, it’s not inconceivable it may come into contact with a live cable if damaged.
[automerge]1582325573[/automerge]
I'm still waiting for some pics.

What do you want to see in the pics?

Paint cannot be used as a means of insulation. If the cable if likely to become damaged to the point where live parts are exposed then it is not fit for purpose.

Paint cannot be used as a means of insulation. If the cable if likely to become damaged to the point where live parts are exposed then it is not fit for purpose.

The item is electrical equipment, legally to be sold in the EU electrical equipment must be CE marked to show it complies with all relevant legislation. This item is not CE marked, the vendor has no docs to show it’s undergone any form of product testing. Any further discussion is fairly pointless.

Reply to Non CE lighting without earthing in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net