Discuss repairs after pir in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

albi

-
Reaction score
After a pir has been done and you carry out the repairs detail on the schedule do you then issue another pir as no new circuits have been installed only extra bonding to bring the Zs reading down and fitting banjos to swa cables and replace 2 mem switch fused isolators due to broken covers

You may have answered your own thread with the bonding. Was it just fitting new 10MM^ bonds or was it just replacing old with 10MM^

I would leave the PIR as is, as that was what the installation was when you did it. For the bonding fill out a minors work certificate which will be put with the PIR paperwork and at the next PIR date whoever is doing it will see that the MWC is after the PIR and work accordlingly.

Also if it's domestic you don't have to certify maintenance or bonding as Part P

no main bonding still in place and its in a warehouse from the 1970 they have used the armouring on the sub main cable as the earth so we fitted a 95mm to the board to the steel work as its a good run back to the mains (95mm was left over from another job so used it)

depending on what work is done a minor works if its replacing "like for like" if you are changing caracteristics then an EIC for that circuirt The bonding probably a M/W and as Malcom says Put copy of PIR and M/Ws together if its commercial all certs should be kept together anyways

I'm assuming then that your PIR prooved the SWA armour was ok, as it was a sub main cable you took the R1 + R2 or the Zdb to prove your Zs readings and did your Zs reading fail as you mentioned to bring them down?

If the Zs failed on the PIR then that should have been coded as a 1 and the PIR should not have been completed until this was rectified.

If your saying that at the PIR the Zs was ok and proved disconnection but now your wondering if the Zs will have changed due to Parallel paths. If so then as I said leave the PIR as is, but on a MWC note that you have altered the bonding.

Lastly you said that you have now bonded the steel work with that 95mm^ did you take it back to the MET at origin. All bonding must go back to the main MET unless it is supplementary bonding as in bathrooms. You may have to consider running that back to the MET as I think steelwork is classed as main bonding.

I believe it should be coded of as a 2 as there is no immediate danger of any one getting a belt. The main bonds are in place and all I have done is made a parallel path using the steel work. the sub board past the it was the circuts in the board that faild. mainly 3 phase type c mcb's to moters every thing ealse was fine. now i have this earth in place the readings on the circuits now are withing range.

Last edited:

Reply to repairs after pir in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net