Discuss Solar iBoost Screen Display not working in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi there, I have purchased a house with a Solar iBoost. Been working fine for 2 years, went on holiday and switched it off as it had a time function running. Turned it back on and display not working. But it is heating the immersion, not sure if 24/7 or timer or solar. I have checked all the live connections for in and out and all are working.

I saw a post somewhere on this forum about an internal 16A fuse being changed. It this is the solution or do I need to buy a new one?

thanks all for your help.

You said in your opening post that the immersion heater is heating the water so current must be flowing through the iboost controller including its internal 16A fuse. I suspect the lithium battery inside the controller is flat or in a very low state of charge which is insufficient to power the display. The lithium battery is a 3V CR2450.

Last edited:
You said in your opening post that the immersion heater is heating the water so current must be flowing through the iboost controller including its internal 16A fuse. I suspect the lithium battery inside the controller is flat or in a very low state of charge which is insufficient to power the display. The lithium battery is a 3V CR2450.
Thank you, after dismantling the box and locating the battery it is only reading 0.64v and also the negative pin connection of the battery solder tag has common off the circuit board. See photo.

Issue is now is finding a 2 pin positive and 1 pin negative 3v cr2450.

Attachments

• IMG_1524.jpeg
    349.3 KB · Views: 9
Good morning from London. It looks promising we have found the problem.

If you Google ‘CR2450 with solder tabs’ you will find the required battery for sale. Before purchasing do compare carefully the battery’s pin (solder tabs) design so it is compatible with the printed circuit board holes.

Please let us know the outcome.

Reactions: DPG
Some progress ..... 3V battery found with three pin connection from Farnell UK... old battery removed and new one installed. Voltage checked and connection to board checked ..... Big moment !!!! reassembled, connected back up and ...... drum roll ..... still got a blank screen and iBooster still sending power 24/7 to immersion..... FFS

https://uk.farnell.com/renata/cr245...l,+lithium,+button,+3pin,+3v&cfm=true&pm=true

so where to go from here????

Well the fault is not the battery which would have been nice. There is clearly more wrong which would require time, test equipment and diagnostic techniques to discover while working on a live printed circuit board. Alas it will not be me advising you how or offering to fix it. I think the time has come to buy a new one or report the problem to MARLEC and see what they offer you - you may get a discount on a new one.

Reply to Solar iBoost Screen Display not working in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net