Discuss What platform is best for ocasional testing? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hey Guys
Nice to meet you all šŸ˜Š
I have a question regarding inspection & testingā€¦

I hold a current JIB card along with my 2391 qualification, Iā€™m in employment with a further education college but was thinking of getting out to do the odd test here and there.
I donā€™t really want to jump through loads of hoops just to conduct 4 or 5 tests per year (mainly friends and family) does anybody know of an easier way than joining the NicEic, I understand this is the best option however, they want details of previous tests (I have none as I work in a college) visits etc and this will be hard with my current employment.
Hope you guys can help and thanks in advance šŸ˜€

Can you clarify, are you just wanting to test and certificate (EIC / EICR) etc, or is your question actually about Part P notification?

Just testing EICR etc, possibly some minor upgrades to achieve a satisfactory report!
Provided none of the remedials cross the threshold into notifiable work (CU change, new circuit, work in special location) I see no reason to join NICEIC or NAPIT.
I'd read what BS7671 says about inspection and testing, decide if you're skilled/ competent (sounds like you are) and crack on.

The only area you might have trouble is ignorance of estate agents who sometimes think NICEIC is a qualification.

Provided none of the remedials cross the threshold into notifiable work (CU change, new circuit, work in special location) I see no reason to join NICEIC or NAPIT.
I'd read what BS7671 says about inspection and testing, decide if you're skilled/ competent (sounds like you are) and crack on.

The only area you might have trouble is ignorance of estate agents who sometimes think NICEIC is a qualification.
Ok, thatā€™s interesting, thanks. Donā€™t suppose you know the best software/ certs to use do you?

Ok, thatā€™s interesting, thanks. Donā€™t suppose you know the best software/ certs to use do you?
People have their own preferences on that topic!
The simplest is that there are fillable PDFs on this forum that can just be filled out.
Before I joined Napit I used to use Electraform ( electraform | Welcome - https://www.electraform.co.uk ). You only pay for what you use which suited me. It was perfectly adequate.

You'll also hear the names EasyCert and iCertify a lot but their pricing model is probably not suitable for just a few jobs a year.

Another vote for Electraform here. Their certs look really professional in my eyes.

Another vote for Electraform here. Their certs look really professional in my eyes.
I actually miss it and occasionally wonder about going back. It's much faster to use than Napit's offering. My only objection is that they start new pages rather readily, I remember one 12 DB report coming to 35 pages or similar!

People have their own preferences on that topic!
The simplest is that there are fillable PDFs on this forum that can just be filled out.
Before I joined Napit I used to use Electraform ( electraform | Welcome - https://www.electraform.co.uk ). You only pay for what you use which suited me. It was perfectly adequate.

You'll also hear the names EasyCert and iCertify a lot but their pricing model is probably not suitable for just a few jobs a year.
Thankyou so much for your help.
If In the future I want to say change a CU the only way is Napit/ NicEic ? Sorry for all the questions itā€™s just the company I worked for, for 20 years delt with everything for us!

I actually miss it and occasionally wonder about going back. It's much faster to use than Napit's offering. My only objection is that they start new pages rather readily, I remember one 12 DB report coming to 35 pages or similar!

I do like it and it does look better than the napit certs as can upload company logo, scheme badge and choose colour etcā€¦
But youā€™re right, they are a bit on the long side.

I still use them occasionally for things like fire / smoke alarm, and bonding installation certs.

Reply to What platform is best for ocasional testing? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net