Discuss 2 circuits present at double gang switch hallway vs landing regs (again) in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

But so far, as per Dave's post, no regulation is being provided only opinions !!!

Good point, 514.10.1 in the current version of 7671

0119985766804d4b8df77d7cdca35a96.jpg

Of course with reference to the original thread, it wouldn't normally apply within the domestic environment where voltages are 230 single phase. And not confusing presence of phases voltages vs multiple circuits on the same phase.

I do seem to recall a requirement where if two accessories on different phases were something like less than a meter apart, then a warning label was required. Probably from the 14th or 15th?

The 16th was similar with requiring labels only where Uo exceeds nominal 230

13th edition regulation number 109:
40e087048c86d195d914b8fca808ef66.jpg

14th edition regulations A17-A20: (medium voltage was defined as anything above 250 between any two conductors or to earth)
c5a8da8ead1b9a59a03db2d61ff61d34.jpg

I can't find anything in the 9th edition, but I have only got the abridged version rather than the whole book. (Curiously and unrelated L3 was to be coloured green in those days)

I've got 2 way switching for hall and landing in 4 positions in our house on the upstairs and downstairs lighting circuits - does that mean I need to rewire it again?

What utter tosh in a single phase building.

So regulations aside, you could always make a judgement call !!
Where more than 1 phase is present at a lighting grid (it does happen, although more than 1 circuit would be the better option)
I choose to provide a voltage notice to that affect at the grid. Regulation or not, my choice.
Where two circuits are connected within a switch as per a domestic landing hallway situation, no notice required and perfectly acceptable.
No I am not backing statements of opinion, with regulations regardless of there existence or not.
Its my opinion nothing more, as often is the case on many threads on the forum by different sparks.
So I think its safe to conclude that with this situation its your choice what you do, and maybe that's the answer, nothing more nothing less.

Reply to 2 circuits present at double gang switch hallway vs landing regs (again) in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net