Discuss ACbling for linked fire alarms in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think you are over complicating matters.......... hugely.

I certainly am. But that's because the build is still 3 months away and I have time on my hands to plan and consider. As I'll be doing it myself and there are more cable runs to go in the only real difference is the cost of the extra cable and an extra RCBO. Still got 3 months or more to ponder it...

Yes my house.

Why on earth would you specify radio link bases at a design stage!?

Feed them from their own RCBO or a lighting circuit - up to you, but for gods sake just link them with some 3 core and earth!

The control switch, is
Can't see the need for the locate button. I know where I'll have installed them. I don't expect them to wander :)

Don't think you understand the purpose of these control switches. If you have more than one interconnected alarm, when one sounds, they all sound. Invariably or hopefully, when they do sound its because of a false alarm. You can press the locate button and it will isolate all but the alarm activating, to aid you narrowing down the activation. You can also use the switch to test all the alarms, rather going round testing each one individually, with a step ladder. You can also use the switch to silence the alarms, if you can't clear the false alarm, burnt toast syndrome. In the case of a real activation, you won't be hanging around using the control switch. ;)

A very useful device IMO.

PS If you do use radio links, there is a radio link control switch.

Thanks I saw the info on the radio link. Yes it does look handy.

Reply to ACbling for linked fire alarms in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net