Discuss BS fuses V's DIN and VDE in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Lighthouse Phil

Hi Lads, anyone know what the difference is between the standards of BS fuses and the europeon standards of DIN and VDE fuses?
My supplier of switch gear is now telling us that there is now going to be a leading in time if I want to buy BS fuses, as they have to be imported, whereas DIN and VDE standard fuses will be off the shelf...
I know there is a difference in the breaking curve and testing standards of the two, but what does it mean to the designer for a bog standard 63A switch disconnect ?
PS, Based in Ireland

Hello Phil,

What supplier are you using? RS stocks a wide range of BS fuses with next day delivery. RS has Irish branches, ask them for a second opinion.

Thanks for the reply stef, I'd have no problems getting the BS fuses elsewhere and would have a good stock of different types, I was just wondering what the difference was between the UK (BS) standard and the europeon standard.

Yes Chrish, thats what I was thinking, harmonised and all that......but I did find that the DIN / VDE fuses are tested to a higher voltage....I wonder if thats the only difference ?? I think I'll be phoning a europeon manufacturer soon to see if they can answer my question. Hager have a good customer service desk who speak English.

Reply to BS fuses V's DIN and VDE in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Someone asked about abbreviations used here. So I tried to copy a list I made elsewhere: A/C Air Conditioning AC Alternating Current ACB...
Replies
Views
Is there a room in professional PAT testing for a business model other than 'per unit'? I ask because I've been giving this some thought. I've...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, I'm not an electrician, I wonder if anyone can help me with a few queries. Q1. Can you explain what this 40A RCD might be for (Off Peak F)...
Replies
Views
I have read a few posts with regard to Reg 421.1.201 & Similar Switchgear Assemblies, with regard to the definition of such. When 421.1.201 came...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock