Discuss Electric scaffold hoists - group purchase? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Having used the traditional manual scaffold wheel for lifting panels to roof level for a while, we've grown tired of that as a solution - someday someone will let go and there will be an expensive sounding crashing noise and maybe even an injury claim. So, we've been looking to electric scaffold hoists as a better answer. At the ÂŁ100 - ÂŁ150 end of the market there are some pretty cheap and nasty offerings, which don't look like they'll last long in day to day use, at the higher quality end of the market there are some truly eye watering prices. Having thought about this for a while, it crossed our minds that a group-buy of a mid-range product might be a possibility, so we've identified a likely looking candidate, found the best price we could for it on-line and approached the manufacturer in Taiwan. As you might expect, the manufacturer has put us in touch with their UK main distributor, who, after some to-ing and fro-ing , has come up with some reasonable pricing based on 25, 50 and 100 units purchased.

Would anyone be interested in such a group purchase?

The product I've been looking at is the Comeup Industries CWS80 - Comeup Industries Inc., Welcome!

A UK reseller has a better data sheet here - http://www.bhwgroup.co.uk/PDF/WM24 SCAFF HOISTS.pdf

Machine Mart offers this item at ~ÂŁ360+VAT

Options include an extension cable and a jib arm, which I have discount pricing on as well.

Roger Thawley
Lightgen Ltd

@Lightgen

PM me with the details of the manufacturer, - one of my business partners imports container loads of this type of item all the time, I'll ask him to see what he can get it at and also if he can source a comparable quility item.

@Lightgen

PM me with the details of the manufacturer, - one of my business partners imports container loads of this type of item all the time, I'll ask him to see what he can get it at and also if he can source a comparable quility item.

The Comeup winches are good kit I have used them for vehicle recovery in offroad situations. Beware of cheap copies of well known brands coming from the far east as they normally have poor quality bearings and seals and not least a dodgy or no warranty

Well, 127 views, one statement of interest. I must admit that I'm surprised, but there we go, I guess this is going to be a no go unless there's a late flurry of interest.

No further statements of interest, so I'm withdrawing my offer to organise a group purchase. Sorry Jerriais, I put quite a bit of effort into finding a good product and negotiating, what seemed to be, a good discount. I'm really quite surprised by the lack of interest, but there we go.
For anyone who decides they might want one of these, the best price I found while researching this one was from a distributor in the Netherlands - here ComeUp CWS 80 - ComeUp - Hoisting Winches 230 Volt - Hoisting winches

I guess it depends on how many installations you do. We've done a hundred so jobs with our ÂŁ49 hoist. If I have to replace it every 100 jobs I don't really have a problem. Given the state of the market I'd be reluctant to commit to any bigger expense until things settle down a bit and we can do some proper business planning.

Looks like someone reactivated an old post of mine, though I can't say that I really understand what they are trying to say!

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a tool with which to close old posts off.

Looks like someone reactivated an old post of mine, though I can't say that I really understand what they are trying to say!

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a tool with which to close old posts off.

Sorry didn't look at the date it was at the top of the usual list in bold as unread - weird!

Reply to Electric scaffold hoists - group purchase? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net