Discuss Got a new laptop with Outlook 2010 - want to sync calender with iphone... in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

Octopus

Ok all I've got a new laptop with Outlook 2010 - want to sync calender with my iphone but I don't want to use itunes...

I have been using an app called sync 2 which is a hang over from my Android phone which syncs between outlook 2007 and the google calender which is OK but not 100% reliable

Any suggestions.....

Thanks

Hi @Murdoch ,

Can't vouch for the reliability when transferring to an Apple device, but I use an application called CompanionLink to sync my Outlook with Google for my Android phone. It supports quite a list of devices, including Apple.

They do a free trial, and it's not that expensive to buy anyway.

Been using it for a while, my only complaint is, I categorise my work jobs in Outlook and only have it sync those (I don't want my phone loaded with unnecessary non-work stuff). The issue arises when I'm out and about and add an appointment on my phone. It gets synced from the phone into Outlook with no categories, so the next sync it's removed from the phone meaning I have to remember to set the categories in Outlook.

Other than that, it just sits there syncing contacts and appointments quite happily.

And as a follow up, I just found out how to do the categories thing for events I create on the phone.

I'm out of this one mate. I haven't had that exact setup.

Mac and iPhones work well. And then Androids and Microsoft. But mixing them up always seems to cause an issue with either email and / or calendar.

I've got @Lou doing it all old skool now for me on a pad haha

Ok all I've got a new laptop with Outlook 2010 - want to sync calender with my iphone but I don't want to use itunes...

I have been using an app called sync 2 which is a hang over from my Android phone which syncs between outlook 2007 and the google calender which is OK but not 100% reliable

Any suggestions.....

Thanks
You can try using iCloud for syncing your calendar event with your iPhone. To do that, you have to install iCloud software on your PC. Here's a link:
Download iCloud for Windows - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204283

Another option is Akruto. The software is similar to Sync2 but it doest't sync your data with Google or any other cloud. Instead of this, it works like a PC-hosted Exchange server and allows syncing any type of Outlook data with iOS and Android. Here's a link to a page with video guide to see how it works:
Sync iPhone with Outlook - No iTunes, No iCloud | AkrutoSync - http://www.akruto.com/sync-iphone-with-outlook/

And regarding iTunes, what makes you avoid this solution? I remember my friend had issues with duplicating his appointments and contacts because of iTunes. Is that the case?

Reply to Got a new laptop with Outlook 2010 - want to sync calender with iphone... in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock