Discuss I love this tool! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I thought I would have a quick practise in my house with my new wall chaser, the metabo mfe40 fitted with the triple blade and attached to the dust extractor.

Wow!! I love it.

Half the chase I did with just the sds, the other half with the metabo. The chase is 20mm deep and 30mm wide. The metabo chase on the the right took 2 minutes and left virtually zero mess. The sds chase on the left took 3 minutes and I still have about 2 minutes to go (its not finished), plus it left loads of mess. (see picture)

I love this tool! metabo - EletriciansForums.net

They both gave off a similar amount of dust. Before I bought the tooI I wondered how the triple blade actually took out the middle of the chase and didn't just cut a third groove in the middle. The segments of all three of the blades are offset with each other so in effect it is 6 blades cutting through. It can leave a very, very thin bit of chase, so thin that it just crumbles with a slight brush of your finger, so nothing to worry about. I wonder how long the blade will last.

Very impressed ?

The only downside is I've just priced all the chases for my upcoming rewire out to a labourer so wont actually get to use it! ?

Last edited:
I can actually see the thin cloud of dust across the picture... or have you just got a rubbish camera?

Thanks for the review on that. I am so glad the sockets weren't wired horizontally. I have just bought a cheap Erbauer and will be using it tomorrow, will tell you how I get on with it. Kitchen first fix. I looked at all the options and thought I was not prepared to pay £400 plus for the makita. At the end of the day it is just a double diamond wheel to cut masonry. Let us see if it works out then. I do have an industrial hoover for the event. Generally I have found Erbauer to be pretty good tools. Lets hope I am not disappointed.

I thought I would have a quick practise in my house with my new wall chaser, the metabo mfe40 fitted with the triple blade and attached to the dust extractor.

Wow!! I love it.

Half the chase I did with just the sds, the other half with the metabo. The chase is 20mm deep and 30mm wide. The metabo chase on the the right took 2 minutes and left virtually zero mess. The sds chase on the left took 3 minutes and I still have about 2 minutes to go (its not finished), plus it left loads of mess. (see picture)

View attachment 62390

They both gave off a similar amount of dust. Before I bought the tooI I wondered how the triple blade actually took out the middle of the chase and didn't just cut a third groove in the middle. The segments of all three of the blades are offset with each other so in effect it is 6 blades cutting through. It can leave a very, very thin bit of chase, so thin that it just crumbles with a slight brush of your finger, so nothing to worry about. I wonder how long the blade will last.

Very impressed ?

The only downside is I've just priced all the chases for my upcoming rewire out to a labourer so wont actually get to use it! ?
i presume that your dust sheets were in the wash at the time.

My ‘Mr Cheap Chases’ works well an nothing stops it, but it can’t compare with noise and dust performance of these Bentley models, I think. I only use (or is that abuse?) my general purpose Henry to deal with the dust and that could also be part of my misery.

@happyhippydad and @Vortigern - can I ask what vacuum you use?

i have a twin blade chaser £29.99 from Aldi. coupled via a home-made adadaptor (made from a bit if 1" 1/4 waste pipe) to my Henry ( bought 12 years ago from a car boot for £2), hardly any dust at all. just need to remember to switch Henry on first.

My ‘Mr Cheap Chases’ works well an nothing stops it, but it can’t compare with noise and dust performance of these Bentley models, I think. I only use (or is that abuse?) my general purpose Henry to deal with the dust and that could also be part of my misery.

@happyhippydad and @Vortigern - can I ask what vacuum you use?
I use the same as Vortigern. I have only just bought the Nilfisk aero 26 https://www.screwflix..com/p/nilfisk-aero-26-21-pc-1250w-25ltr-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner-240v/66972
but so far i like it and it had good reviews, plus its considerably cheaper than some others. I personally wouldn't go for the 10 litre version (aero 21) as I think it will fill up too quickly. As above, there seems to be the same amount of dust as with the sds which was a little disappointing but I think I expected too much as the amount of debris it hoovers up is pretty amazing.

@Vortigern... I don't quite get the bagless option. Do you simple not put a bag in? Have you tried that or do you always use it with a bag?

I have used it without a bag to pick up rubble. Probably shouldn't have as when I used it the next time in my house fortunately, a giant puff of dust came out. It goes through the motor that way. Think I might have lost the cover for it. But I put bag in now. Of course you don't use bag with water pick up. So if you find out, tell me please!

I have used it without a bag to pick up rubble. Probably shouldn't have as when I used it the next time in my house fortunately, a giant puff of dust came out. It goes through the motor that way. Think I might have lost the cover for it. But I put bag in now. Of course you don't use bag with water pick up. So if you find out, tell me please!
That's good to know! I'll stick with a bag, thanks.
What did your last part of the sentence mean? Find out what?

Reply to I love this tool! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock