Discuss part p / 17th in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

trbod

evening boys and girls , bobbed over from the dark side of plumbing just a quickie for you.

the lad i have come in and do our bits of lecki work is becoming more unreliable or wanting stupid money. so i was going to go do the part p , however some on the plumbing form belives its getting scrapped and will just simply be 17th edition ?

yeahhh orr neahh

thanks BOD

part P is a building reg....

every one has to follow Part P be it builder, spark and indeed plumbers..!!

it will never be scrapped....!! the 17th is the wiring regs that get updated just like the water regs...!! always will be around also..

word of advice mate... change the spark if he is unreliable..!!

fully agree , trouble is finding one who only wants to come and do 3/4 little jobs a week. few hours each at the tops. plus maybe a full re-wire every other month.

im goining to go do the part p based on what youve said and the re-wires will just put a post on hear and sub it out

thing is with teh part p it will cost you ÂŁ400 membership+Vat each year for privilege, 2m Insurance (which i guess you have), Test Equipment Costing ÂŁ400+ and a yearly site assessment...!

and what ever the training courses are ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ

plus you would need to buy all teh books on teh market that the scheme stipulates you need..!

not really worth it in long run.

were you based as i know a few lads from here from leeds area who would happily do the work for you..!

thing is with teh part p it will cost you ÂŁ400 membership+Vat each year for privilege, 2m Insurance (which i guess you have), Test Equipment Costing ÂŁ400+ and a yearly site assessment...!

and what ever the training courses are ÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ

plus you would need to buy all teh books on teh market that the scheme stipulates you need..!

not really worth it in long run.

were you based as i know a few lads from here from leeds area who would happily do the work for you..!

Can't agree more plus when you find a new one I'm guessing that he will be finding you work too.

i'm up for subbing electrical work in cheshire, if you got anything round here.

Hello everyone, I too am paying a visit from the plumbing forum. I have a few questions and hope someone can answer them...Thank you in advance.

1. If I do Part P, do I have to do 17th edition or is Part P ok on it's own?

2. what jobs am I limited to with Part P

3. Do I have to refresh/renew every year?

4. If I don't refresh/renew 1 year can I just refresh/renew as and when money allows or do I have to redo the course?

5. erm....that's it for now but i'm sure I will think of something else! :D

Thanks

1. If I do Part P, do I have to do 17th edition or is Part P ok on it's own?

Part P is not a course as such. If you are an assessed electrician (or other) able to do Domestic work and you are a memeber of the regulation bodies (NICEIC, ELecsa, NAPIT etc) then you are able to do Part P restricted work. Part of being qualified to do Part P is that you need the 17th Edition qualification.

2. what jobs am I limited to with Part P
Depends what you sign up for with one of the regulation bodies - Full Scope is usually what qualified sparkies do.

3. Do I have to refresh/renew every year?
You get an assessment visit every year where they go through your paperwork and example job and ask a few technical questions based on your 'scope' of work.

4. If I don't refresh/renew 1 year can I just refresh/renew as and when money allows or do I have to redo the course?
You'll probably need to keep your membership up year on year

fully agree , trouble is finding one who only wants to come and do 3/4 little jobs a week. few hours each at the tops. plus maybe a full re-wire every other month.

im goining to go do the part p based on what youve said and the re-wires will just put a post on hear and sub it out

You should find a good spark on here who will be happy with that esp the odd rewire thrown in ! if you were near me id take it on ! good luck anyway !

Part P is not a course as such. If you are an assessed electrician (or other) able to do Domestic work and you are a memeber of the regulation bodies (NICEIC, ELecsa, NAPIT etc) then you are able to do Part P restricted work. Part of being qualified to do Part P is that you need the 17th Edition qualification.

Depends what you sign up for with one of the regulation bodies - Full Scope is usually what qualified sparkies do.

You get an assessment visit every year where they go through your paperwork and example job and ask a few technical questions based on your 'scope' of work.

You'll probably need to keep your membership up year on year

Nice one thanks, I think i'll leave part P for a little while haha would not be worth my while just yet.

Reply to part p / 17th in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net