Discuss Sparky a cowboy only test 10% never hear of it help! caravan condition reporting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pmasouthwestltd

Hi

I have started testing on a large caravan site i did a condition report and full inspection and testing on one caravan took me 3 hours.

The previous contractor (Niceic domestic installer ) does 10 caravans total of two people in 4-5 hours including certificates

My client has now asked me to do a condition report only 10% to be tested as thats what previous contractor did, can this be done on limitations/extent to be agreed???

Personally i like every thing 100% and i don't like a bodge job i rather walk away please help!!!

NICEIC has said that the company/ person should be an approve contractor as it is commercial. (im approved contractor)

But they did say that any one does not have to be registered and could use the BS7671 template or purchase the green forms. If any thing when wrong then trading standard would be involed

Thanks

Pete

Hi

I have started testing on a large caravan site i did a condition report and full inspection and testing on one caravan took me 3 hours.

The previous contractor (Niceic domestic installer ) does 10 caravans total of two people in 4-5 hours including certificates

My client has now asked me to do a condition report only 10% to be tested as thats what previous contractor did, can this be done on limitations/extent to be agreed???

yes, but I would ask the client to get in touch with his insurance provider to see if 10% would satisfy their requirements.

Personally i like every thing 100% and i don't like a bodge job i rather walk away please help!!!

NICEIC has said that the company/ person should be an approve contractor as it is commercial. (im approved contractor)

But they did say that any one does not have to be registered and could use the BS7671 template or purchase the green forms. If any thing when wrong then trading standard would be involved.

You don't have to part of a scheme to carry out EICR's. As the last contractor was only domestic installer then as long as he isn't putting his scheme number or using the NICEIC logo on his EICR's then he isn't in breach of anything.

Thanks

Pete

Last edited:
Thank you for your time apparently you can use a NICEIC TPN-4 Temporary Building electrical condition report have you used this before? is it shorter than 9 pages of niceic EICR's?

Thank you for your time apparently you can use a NICEIC TPN-4 Temporary Building electrical condition report have you used this before? is it shorter than 9 pages of niceic EICR's?

No sorry haven't used them. They are called transportable building installation condition report's and should only be issued for the purpose of reporting on the condition of an existing electrical installation in a transportable building, such as a caravan or portable office cabin, etc. So couldn't be used for the fixed wiring of the caravan hookups etc.

Last edited:
Whatever nonsense document the NICEIC have invented won't necessarily conform to the model forms of bs7671 or satisfy insurance or possible legal requirements.

You should be deciding on the test sample before starting the work, not testing the same sample as the previous test and expanding the sample if necessary after testing the initial sample.

Whatever nonsense document the NICEIC have invented won't necessarily conform to the model forms of bs7671 or satisfy insurance or possible legal requirements.

You should be deciding on the test sample before starting the work, not testing the same sample as the previous test and expanding the sample if necessary after testing the initial sample.
just to add onto what dave suggested.

a lot of sites do percentage tests, say a different 10% every few months till the lot has been tested

at the end of the day its down to the client what they want testing and thats what LIM and the comment sections are for

a lot of sites do percentage tests, say a different 10% every few months till the lot has been tested

at the end of the day its down to the client what they want testing and thats what LIM and the comment sections are for

I think Shanky has hit the nail on the head with the wording 'different 10%'. Otherwise the same easiest bits will be tested every time, and the trickier bits will get ignored! Daz

I have one customer who are required to have a 20% test annually as part of their licensing. The test results sheets have the year they were tested in the circuit details box of each circuit to help with identifying what gets tested when.

Reply to Sparky a cowboy only test 10% never hear of it help! caravan condition reporting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net