Discuss Starting news supermarket installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
As title says new supermarket installation starting this week in Scotland with English company... So looking forward to it.. Any you guys covered supermarkets and any insight what's involved. I know probably trunking around perimeter the pipe off for your circuits and probably rows of lighting trunking.... But anything you can think to add I'm all ears... Thx. i took a drive up I friday and its a massive building with really high ceilings so no doubt mewp/powered lifts will be used a lot...

Major Supermarket? Unless it's over 100,000 sqft it's not massive.

If so ALL MEWP work and a madhouse, everyone fighting to make the ever looming handover.

Lighting is dimmable on Bus bar tracking.

Get a good lock for your toolbox as your tools will play hide and seek if you don't.

Health & Safety will always be snooping around so best play by the rules.

Forget step ladders, it will probably be those stupid pop up things lol!

Yes true. But much easier to dip into your toolbox while you visit the butty van at lunch lol!

I used to keep mine chained up in the scissor lift. Then again I was working with other guys from Belfast.....

Sounds like quite a job...Are you the main electrical contractor? I assume you'll need quite a few blokes to keep up with the schedule?

Sounds like quite a job...Are you the main electrical contractor? I assume you'll need quite a few blokes to keep up with the schedule?

Now that would be taxing, in more ways than one. :willy_nilly:A few years down the line, maybe.

slung in shower of **** on a tesco I went to for a few weeks on agency. Get some earplugs as the ducting guys and floor tiling grinders and beeping mewps drive u nuts.

YY cable slung in over beams, cable tied in any old how.

I quit after a few weeks. I just got so depressed with the install and the environment.

I went onto a cinema/ theatre build in steel tray and conduit, ladder rack, all sorts of AV cabling, I was there for 7 months and loved it.

I used to do a lot of kwik save's years ago,also pets at home,as others have said watch your kit and keep your eyes open,if you get hold of a MEWP don't leave it unattended because it will be manic and some so and so will chuck your gear off it and use it themselves.Getting hold of 110 leads can be an issue also,what I did was mark all mine up with stripes of tape on the ends,that way you can see your leads at a distance when they go walk about,notice I said when not if.Same with your batteries mark them up on the outside,because if you're not careful somebody will switch them if they've got a dodgy one.All that aside they can be an interesting job and you do meet some decent people.

As title says new supermarket installation starting this week in Scotland with English company... So looking forward to it.. Any you guys covered supermarkets and any insight what's involved. I know probably trunking around perimeter the pipe off for your circuits and probably rows of lighting trunking.... But anything you can think to add I'm all ears... Thx. i took a drive up I friday and its a massive building with really high ceilings so no doubt mewp/powered lifts will be used a lot...

So after this you can add: "Have experience of working internationally" to your CV.

DON'T forget your passport & visa to get across the border ........ The Jocks are a bit funny about things like that. ;)

I'm the main man and don't let any one tell you different, hope for the best electrical.com....

Its a morrisons store, I'm just a worker guys..

Reply to Starting news supermarket installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net