Discuss Coding taken to far in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

scotsparky

-
Arms
Reaction score
I have been given a PIR and asked to do all codes 1 and 2 ok but the tester has applied interesting code2s heres a few the list is not endless.

1 Incorrect screws in panel cover.
2 dust at bottom of d.b
3 No 230V labels.
4 Panel has no markings sayiny 2 different wiring tyopes (labeled at origin)
5 light in switchroom not bright enough. (its a 5ft single and room is 10ft square)

anyone else think these codings are more like 4s notr 2s

By the way the same guy that did the test verified the results is this allowed on an NICEIC PIR i am not sure of the ruling.

imo lables diff colour should be something carried by tester
5ft fitting should be ok but should be em fitting
incorrect screws 4
dust ffs picky

Half of them shouldnt have been mentioned never mind being worthy of a code. On my PIR's I tend to list coded items first, then include the recommendations after to back up any letters that I also submit.

Didnt think 230V labels were required as that was the assumption on removing a cover, warning required for higher voltages only if unexpected :)

230v labels only required in equiptment where voltage would not be expected,a db is obvious so what is the tester on about,415v labels required deffo,plus next test labels,2 wiring colours only need be at origin,but i normally put them on all dbs because they dont cost much.

1 Incorrect screws in panel cover.
2 dust at bottom of d.b
3 No 230V labels.
4 Panel has no markings sayiny 2 different wiring tyopes (labeled at origin)
5 light in switchroom not bright enough. (its a 5ft single and room is 10ft square)

QUOTE]

I bet he has names for all his screwdrivers too.

Reply to Coding taken to far in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net