Discuss Concentrating on the important stuff - NOT in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

Copied from an NICEIC email received today:

Electrical contractor fined for misuse of NICEIC logo

An electrical contractor has been sentenced for carrying out dangerous electrical work whilst fraudulently claiming to be registered with NICEIC.

In January this year London based David Taylor, who trades under the name of DT Property Maintenance and Electrical Contractors, was found guilty of leaving jobs unfinished and homes unfit for human habitation.

Taylor pleaded guilty to 12 counts under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, including the unauthorised use of the NICEIC, Trustmark and Part P logo.
s.gif

s.gif

He was sentenced to eight months for the trading standards offences, and a further 12 for the action taken by Metropolitan Police - both suspended for two years at Isleworth Crown Court.
NICEIC welcomes this latest prosecution and are committed to protecting contractors who are legitimately registered with us and have the quality of their work assessed on a regular basis.

Anyone who is suspicious of a contractor falsely claiming to be NICEIC registered should check the wall of shame on the NICEIC website.

Re: Consentrating on the important stuff - NOT

Hmmm let's see now, misuse of a logo that inspires trust and assurance of quality workmanship with the public, whilst not delivering a service in line with public expectation.

Are the NICEIC gonna shop themselves for all the 5WWs they have slapped a logo onto ?

Nic are good at shouting at crap work by people claiming to be members, when it is their members doing it they are no where to be seen!

Pay your fees for protection lads. Quals optional, lets hide behind the QS farce.

Why do they spend more cash on misuse of the logo than people not complying with Part P notification?

because they are nowt but a bunch of scheming, lying thieves..busy bribing councils..

I find that hard hard to believe, after all they push hard for Part P and want to ensure that everyone is registered to domestic work *

* May contain male bovine manure.

its about time all the short course providers were shut down...and the link between the NIC and councils smashed....

all work should be available to those competant to carry it out...

I find that hard hard to believe, after all they push hard for Part P membership fees and want to ensure that everyone is registered with them to domestic work *

* May contain male bovine manure.

corrected that for you

I got a spec through for an office fit out, all sockets are to be wired in SWA and terminates into plasterboard boxes. I questioned this and they replied "the NICEIC want it done this way".

Reply to Concentrating on the important stuff - NOT in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net