Discuss Court date set for Friday the 13th!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hmm, does this mean we will know once and for all where we will be? Or will we hear that the appeal has been rejected and that we then have to wait to hear what will happen next?

I did read somewhere that there is still the possibility that the government could take it to the supreme court.

On a side note, I have now got off my high horse and realised I need to sell to eat so am selling at 21p worst case scenario telling the customer that if they are lucky they may get the 43p

Hmm, does this mean we will know once and for all where we will be? Or will we hear that the appeal has been rejected and that we then have to wait to hear what will happen next?

Unfortunately, if you want clarity quickly then you'll want DECC to win the appeal! If they lose, then it paves the way for a judicial review into the consultation which isn't likely to happen overnight!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, if you want clarity quickly then you'll want DECC to win the appeal! If they lose, then it paves the way for a judicial review into the consultation which isn't likely to happen overnight!

I suspect that the DECC hopes just for that kind of reaction from the industry. I don't accept 21p as being a realistic subsidy so I hope that DECC fail with their appeal and that Barker loses his job.

I did read somewhere that there is still the possibility that the government could take it to the supreme court.

Premature at this stage. If they lose at the Court of Appeal then they can seek permission to appeal to the Supreme Court. If the Court of Appeal refused them permission to appeal then they can petition the Supreme Court directly in the same way they had the petition the Court of Appeal directly because Mr Justice Mitting in the High Court denied the Government permission to appeal.

Regards
Bruce

Reply to Court date set for Friday the 13th!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net