Discuss Hi. New to DIY Forum. Home built '83. Main bath has a 1-gang receptacle in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

RAGBJG

DIY
Reaction score
Do I secure an additional 1-gang pvc box to this original 1-gang box or do I have to somehow remove the 1-gang box from the stud and install a new 2-gang box. I'm trying not to destroy the drywall and if I can secure a new 1-gang to the old 1-gang, will the 2-gang wall plate fit ok or will there be too much width using two separate boxes?
Thanks,
Bob

Do I secure an additional 1-gang pvc box to this original 1-gang box or do I have to somehow remove the 1-gang box from the stud and install a new 2-gang box. I'm trying not to destroy the drywall and if I can secure a new 1-gang to the old 1-gang, will the 2-gang wall plate fit ok or will there be too much width using two separate boxes?
Thanks,
Bob
You don’t have a choice, either way you will have to cut the drywall to add a different box. Use a 2 gang box not 2 single boxes

Reply to Hi. New to DIY Forum. Home built '83. Main bath has a 1-gang receptacle in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have two 220 volt receptacles (one L14-20 and one L6-20) that I want to mount next to one another in a standard two gang switch box. This would...
Replies
Views
Background is we are selling our house and moving out of state. I've been fixing big and little things and painting for several months now, as...
Replies
Views
Hello all. Thank you in advance for any guidance. I am in south Florida and I am a DIY person. About a year ago, I hired an electrician to...
Replies
Views
G
Hi all, This may be one for the DIY forum, but I'm unable to post there, so I apologise if posting here is the wrong thing to do. I'm not a...
Replies
Views
E
I think I've Posted this before, but I've just updated it. Some of the sparks where I work still get a little confused of what the different areas...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock