Discuss Possible to tell which Murray replacement to get without removing the breakers (w/pics)? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rhythmdvl

DIY
Reaction score
I need to replace two AFCI breakers on our main circuit panel.

I have replaced and added breakers to our sub-panel several years ago. When I did so, it was convenient to leave that panel unpowered for more than a few minutes, so I was able to take an existing Murray breaker with me to ensure I purchased an exact replacement and compatible additions.

I understand Murray is no longer manufactured, so I have to look for a compatible Siemens or other manufacturer’s breaker.

I have downloaded the Siemens cross-reference guide (Murray Connect - https://www.siemens.com/us/en/products/energy/low-voltage/murray.html), but none of the visible markings exactly align with their table.

I can pull the breakers if necessary to find more information or bring them with me, but it would be much, much better (especially on a holiday week) if I can order ahead for pickup so that I have the ostensibly correct breakers on hand when I power down.

Is there enough information in the photographs to tell? Even narrowing it to a choice between one or two models would be helpful (I can get both and return the unused one later in the day).

Thanks!

PXL_20231121_152329549.jpg

PXL_20231121_152302822.jpg

TL;DR
I cannot be sure whether information on the face of the panel and breakers is enough to purchase the correct replacements.
I need to replace two AFCI breakers on our main circuit panel.

I have replaced and added breakers to our sub-panel several years ago. When I did so, it was convenient to leave that panel unpowered for more than a few minutes, so I was able to take an existing Murray breaker with me to ensure I purchased an exact replacement and compatible additions.

I understand Murray is no longer manufactured, so I have to look for a compatible Siemens or other manufacturer’s breaker.

I have downloaded the Siemens cross-reference guide (Murray Connect - https://www.siemens.com/us/en/products/energy/low-voltage/murray.html), but none of the visible markings exactly align with their table.

I can pull the breakers if necessary to find more information or bring them with me, but it would be much, much better (especially on a holiday week) if I can order ahead for pickup so that I have the ostensibly correct breakers on hand when I power down.

Is there enough information in the photographs to tell? Even narrowing it to a choice between one or two models would be helpful (I can get both and return the unused one later in the day).

Thanks!

View attachment 111791

View attachment 111792
It would be helpful if you took a picture of the back of the breaker so we could tell how it snaps in. Normally a GE breaker type THQL will work in a Murray panel.

Reply to Possible to tell which Murray replacement to get without removing the breakers (w/pics)? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net