Currently reading:
Remove Gas Hob Add Electric Hob

Discuss Remove Gas Hob Add Electric Hob in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Good Afternoon Team,

In this current climate of gas prices going through the roof, I want to change the Gas Hob to Electric.

Gas hob needs capping off

I have an electric oven in an other area of the kitchen, Can I Parallel the Hob and Over together
The Oven, is, one main oven, and a top oven used for grilling.. ???

Or do I need to put in a new feed, if so what Power rating cable, it will be 8mtrs long,
The hob will be 5 burner 8600 Watts.

Thanks in advance from Alan

Induction imo is better than gas though
My Mrs has insisted on induction. Very easy to keep clean and the mother-in law even likes to come round just to polish it ?. You do need the iron based pans and they do need to be flat on the hop to work. I much prefer gas as you can lift the pan when frying especially when splashing the eggs for a full monti big boys fry up.?

Reply to Remove Gas Hob Add Electric Hob in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock