Search the forum,

Discuss 1st April fit rate increase in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wstevew

For those on 43p I understand there will be an indexed linked increase in the rate 1st April.

Do you have to give a meter reading on the 1st April?
Do they calculate your FIT payment pro rata?
Do you get the new rate for all generation since last quarter?

I know it amounts to next to nothing money wise but wondering if you do need to submit a reading.

Most suppliers ask for a meter reading on 31st March, but not all. Presume the others use a pro rata. If yours has not asked just take a reading and note it down somewhere.

The new rate only applies to generation from April 1st.

My FiT provider is Scottish Power and at the moment they seem to indicate that they want readings on the same date every third month - that date being an exact rolling three-month time period since registration of my system. My system being registered on the 20th of the month it was installed and, therefore, SPW want a reading on the 19th day of every third month.

Npower aren't very good at keeping us informed regarding FIT.
Will contact them later (again) to confirm what date they need readings each quarter.

Npower aren't very good at keeping us informed regarding FIT.
Will contact them later (again) to confirm what date they need readings each quarter.

Npower have been fine with me. Been almost a year now since install and they wrote on 24th Feb regarding date for meter read to take care of increase in FIT rate. They also outline the pro rata option for readings on dates ther than 31/3. Can't fault them personally possibly I'm easily pleased....

Just got a letter today confirming our FIT account with npower has been activated and requesting meter readings between 1st and 25th of the month.

FB. I too am with Scottish Power or should I say they are a customer of mine. I asked this question of them because my FIT reading is not due till 2nd of May. Response as follows:
Dear ???
As a participant in the Feed in Tariff scheme you will be aware that your payments are linked to your tariff rates and these are influenced by the retail price index (RPI).

The rates for 2012/13 have now been set by the Department of Energy and Climate Change and these new rates will take effect from the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] of April 2012.*
If your next payment has generation covered by both the old and new rates, (i.e. pre and post April 1[SUP]st[/SUP] 2012) we will automatically calculate your units generated and apply the correct Tariff rates to your payment.

The payments at both the old and new rates will clearly be displayed on the next invoice we send you. You do not need to do anything

You should continue to supply reads in line with the currently agreed schedule, (i.e. no sooner than 80 days since the last read submitted) to ensure that all payments are processed quickly.

Thanks

Clean Energy Cashback team

Not sure about them "automatically calculating" rather more just guessing. Why they don't just ask me to submit reading on 2 May along with a figure at end of the day on 31 March I do not know. I may follow this up with them. Does seem very inaccurate.

I just asked Good Energy if they needed a reading at the end of March. They say as I have already provided a reading earlier in March (16th), they don't need another one.

nPower sent letter to request my reading on March 31.
Ditto - In response to my last reading submission; EON explicitly asked for the next reading to be on 31st March; as well as my quarterly reading due mid-April.

Reply to 1st April fit rate increase in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back