Discuss And here's one for christmas , call out tripping RCD in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nickblake

All im going to say is i wonder why : Annie 006.JPGAnnie 010.JPGAnnie 013.JPGAnnie 018.JPGAnnie 026.JPGAnnie 030.JPGAnnie 032.JPGCables jointed in 2 places doesnt look like it in the pic the terminal block was 3 amp , how not to wire in your oven, hob, light in a cupboard,and cooker hood cables used 6mm 2.5mm 1.5mm 0.50mm all into a 60 amp terminal block, take note the earth to the oven not connected and the neutral of the cupboard light connected to the earth terminal , picture of the crimmed cables was found under the carpet picture was taken after the floor boards were lifted , and not a very clever way to install a ring main the cable going over the carpet grippers was held in place by the gripper nail , cable joints tapped up and plastered into the wall , stone built house you only need to see the condition of the back boxes to know how damp the walls were jjj 005.JPG

it took 4 days for two of us to sort it out , one point i didnt mention all the lights were metal clad not an earth connected all cut off and not a junction box in site they had been fixed inside a stud partition , there were only 6 lights in the property all had there own supply all comming off one MCB , the bathroom down lighters were getting so hot due to being encased in insulation the carpet in the room above was hot to touch , after all the years ive been in the buisness i thought i'd seen it all how wrong i was

This sounds to me like the installation has been carried out by someone who has stood for several hours at B&Q watching instructional videos about electrical installation work........AND NOT PAID ATTENTION PROPERLEY.............LMFAO

I'm suprised this thread didn't get more replies, it is not very often we are lucky enough to see first hand proffessional works by bob from the pub who is part pee certified :ciappa:

Nick will vouch that North Wales is full of that type of work, I have found tons of it in certain seaside towns on the coast, most of it DIY by landlords or landlords builders

Some nice pictures.
However, it does go to show that even the roughest installed circuits will still work. to a degree.

The unearthed cooker is a definite shock hazard.
So it says something for the use of RCDs. Protecting idiots from themselves.

The person/s who ruffed that lot in certainly wasn't trained and probably couldn't care as long as the job was 'finished' and the money in the bank.

Try that technique with Gas and its good night to you, your house , your next door neighbour's and their children.

yep llandrillo all i can say it was in a small village on anglesey ,they wouldnt say who had done it but you get that feeling dont you it was done 4 years ago no certs not part p notification , and its this that just proves that Part P should be scrapped and a regester should be brought in just like gas safe ,

This sounds to me like the installation has been carried out by someone who has stood for several hours at B&Q watching instructional videos about electrical installation work........AND NOT PAID ATTENTION PROPERLEY.............LMFAO

the board that was displayed at the orange shed a few years ago actually stated "place the green and yellow wire in the common terminal" , trading standards and the NIC were involved in that one i did have a picture of it but got lost when my hard drive failed

yep llandrillo all i can say it was in a small village on anglesey ,they wouldnt say who had done it but you get that feeling dont you it was done 4 years ago no certs not part p notification , and its this that just proves that Part P should be scrapped and a regester should be brought in just like gas safe ,

Scrapping Part P will NOT stop this, nor would having Electric Safe.

There will always be muppets doing sparking for a living or DIY who shouldn't

Reply to And here's one for christmas , call out tripping RCD in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net