Discuss Brand New EV Charger - We need you for testing and more! in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

@Nexblue interesting proposal. having installed hundreds of chargers from many different brands I can give you a very good insight from both the installation perspective but also sales/marketing aswell.
the UK market is heavily saturated with different ev chargers so you will have to really have something excpetional and well priced to compete with myenergi, hypervolt even podpoint etc...
the main thing is the smart charger regulations and also now having the anti tamper feature in the charger so that if it is interefred with people are informed. there are very significant fines if the charger does not comply
Hi! Thanks for your message. We clearly understand that we need to focus on the product's safety first, and this is why I will be happy to share more about the product and its specifications with you!

Not really sure what’s going on here, get the feeling they have no real interest in sharing the product with us but want our knowledge to use to make their product suitable for use in the uk and ireland

Hello Nexblue
Would be interested in installing this if no cost of the product, in return for installer / user feedback.
Hi Sp4rky!
Yes of course, we are currently producing a new batch of products. Once we will be 100% sure that it fits with UK regulations, we will get back to you. And there will be no costs for the product, we just want you to install and give feedbacks, and the installation. is quiet simple!
I am sorry for the late answer, we are working a lot on several improvements after our first batch of testing, both software and hardware are getting upgraded. I will write you in private :)

Not really sure what’s going on here, get the feeling they have no real interest in sharing the product with us but want our knowledge to use to make their product suitable for use in the uk and ireland
Hi! There is for us a huge interest to share and talk about the product. We are launching a tech product that need to be safe and reliable and we are having a lot of work to do so. But for sure we are not here to collect knowledge, you know, we are working hard to fit with the regulations and we want everything to be clear and stable before sending it to the testers.

Hi! There is for us a huge interest to share and talk about the product. We are launching a tech product that need to be safe and reliable and we are having a lot of work to do so. But for sure we are not here to collect knowledge, you know, we are working hard to fit with the regulations and we want everything to be clear and stable before sending it to the testers.
A bit disappointing that it does not have LAN connection facility.
Many properties have the wifi far from where the charger is and it is not possible to pick up wifi

I had this in a farmhouse- the client bought his own charger and was assured by the manufacturer on the phone the wifi would work- he has a farm cottage and it did not work
We had to run an ethernet cable from the router to the charger to give it connectivity.

Many properties have the wifi far from where the charger is and it is not possible to pick up wifi
Not only that, but wireless introduces it's own set of security and reliability issues that can be (mostly) eliminated with a wired connection. Personally (I've about 30 years in IT), my policy is that something is wired if it can be, and on WiFi only if it's mobile or can't be wired. So (and I'm not looking to trial this), I'd be looking at a product and asking :
Can it be hardwired to the network ?
If it has radio (WiFi, Bluetooth, anything else), can it be turned off ? Not just "not used", but turned off, so it can't be hacked or just interfered with.

I would expect them to know whats required. They cannot be a back garden shed company !

I had this in a farmhouse- the client bought his own charger and was assured by the manufacturer on the phone the wifi would work- he has a farm cottage and it did not work
We had to run an ethernet cable from the router to the charger to give it connectivity.
Hi! Yes, unfortunately, to fit with the Water protection standards and according to our product design we don't have a way to have the LAN connection as a feature.
But, we recommend for this case of usage, to use a powerline adapter for internet. This can works with farmhouse, warehouse, underground car parks etc...

Not only that, but wireless introduces it's own set of security and reliability issues that can be (mostly) eliminated with a wired connection. Personally (I've about 30 years in IT), my policy is that something is wired if it can be, and on WiFi only if it's mobile or can't be wired. So (and I'm not looking to trial this), I'd be looking at a product and asking :
Can it be hardwired to the network ?
If it has radio (WiFi, Bluetooth, anything else), can it be turned off ? Not just "not used", but turned off, so it can't be hacked or just interfered with.
Yes, it can. You can turn off all the connectivity, and in the meaning you are still able to change settings offline. Our product offers an OCPP chip if you want to avoid any hack, but in the meantime we are working hard on this: We want our product to be safe, even for the user accounts and network protection.

I would expect them to know whats required. They cannot be a back garden shed company !
Haha! Of course we're not!
Actually sharing ideas and feedbacks once our product will be ready and tester by your community is our purpose. For the requirements, of course all advices are well welcomed but we know, that a forum is a space where you share more than you take ;)

Hi! Yes, unfortunately, to fit with the Water protection standards and according to our product design we don't have a way to have the LAN connection as a feature.
But, we recommend for this case of usage, to use a powerline adapter for internet. This can works with farmhouse, warehouse, underground car parks etc...

Don 't buy that part.

If you can have mains connections and retain IP ratings you can have LAN connection and maintain IP ratings. It's all about design

You can count me out of your trial, thanks- but no thanks

Please can you elaborate on this as I also don't understand this bit.
If you can get the IP rating for the power cable then you should for the LAN cable.
You can also buy a cable combining Power & LAN. Not much use in your model as there is no were to connect the LAN to.

Really ?
Presumably you have a glanded inlet for the power cable. It should not be difficult to provide one for a LAN cable, and/or for one of those special cables that combines LAN and power.
Nooooooooooooooo !
Powerline adapters are an invention of evil people with no regard for the electromagnetic spectrum. They are the radio equivalent of turning your home HiFi up to 15 so you can hear it as you walk to the shops. If our regulatory bodies hadn't spent so much effort working out ways to make it "not their responsibility" they'd have been banned because of their known noisy radio emissions across a wide chunk of the spectrum - and yes, they will probably affect your DSL line speed. See Ban-PLT for the gory details.

Reply to Brand New EV Charger - We need you for testing and more! in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net