Discuss Connect Bell intercom to maglock. in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

oscar21

Esteemed
Reaction score
I used to fit Bell door entry systems all the while about 20 years ago but I'm a bit rusty on them now, am I correct in saying if you use a DC power supply the +12V goes straight to a yale type lock and the wire to the handset (Z) grounds the lock to the 0V rail completing the circuit and operating the lock, or does it send +12V to the lock which is connected to the 0V?

I ask because on the office we are doing is a maglock and a keypad/exit button type set up. The exit button when pressed connects the 0V to the remote exit terminal on the back of the keypad and operates the timer for the mag lock so you can get out the door. So what I was thinking was if I use the same power supply for the intercom, if I connect the Z of the handset to the remote exit terminal it should release the mag lock just the same as the exit button does.

To conclude this and it may help someone else, it worked perfectly, the phone door release button sends a -ve signal down the wire connected to the Z terminal so it will trigger the REX (remote exit button) terminal on a ESP type prox keypad providing both are connected to the same power supply.

Reply to Connect Bell intercom to maglock. in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have just removed the keypad module (art.3188) on a comelit vandalcom audio intercom and blanked it off. I installed a siemens K42 keypad lower...
Replies
Views
Hi. Looking for help. My FiL has moved into a block of flats using the Bell 801 door release intercom for opening the main communal door to the...
Replies
Views
Hope you're all well . I've had ring door bell 2nd generation hardwired for 1.5 yrs... it was connected to transformer which is connected to the...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a blink video doorbell and want to connect a 12v mechanical bell (pic attached below). I know Blink only allow 16v-24v AC transformers...
Replies
Views
I have a bathroom fan with a moisture detector that turns it on and off. It also has a control circuit to turn it on/off when moisture is not...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock