Discuss How to work out the total design load to find my swa cable size in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

What is the reason you were given for converting to TT if its over a certain distance? And for that matter what value do you use for the distance at which you need to do this?
What do you mean by no extraneous parts therefore no need for PME?
None of this sounds 'old school' to me, more like nonsense!
Hi it was just the way was taught many moons ago regarding tt and outbuildings ,,, and the no extraneous parts was meant to indicate for this instance the out building is made of wood no metal, and if used tt would be no pme, but dnt worry about tt I going to use the tncs earth, sorry about the way I type not very good at typing on these small phones and new to forums cheers guys.. Also I will have update on what equipment is going to be used tomorrow so can make better assumption of ib of sockets,, sorry so late to reply had 12 hour day and at it again in 8

Allowing for 63A over 40m and a 2% volt drop, this allows an extra 1% for your lighting to comply with a 3% requirement you will need a minimum 25mm cable.
I was hoping it wouldn't come to thst size the 40m swa will be clipped direct ,the lighting circuits max length run will be around 10meters,, 16mm swa Vd is around 2.6 mV/a/m

I was hoping it wouldn't come to thst size the 40meters run of swa will be clipped direct ,the lighting circuits max length run will be around 10meters,, 16mm swa Vd is around 2.6 mV/a/m

Reply to How to work out the total design load to find my swa cable size in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock