Discuss Tried endlessly to fish a cable down a soffit, can it be ran along the fascia instead? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
As title suggests, I've tried and tried to get my cable rods down the soffit to run a cable from one spotlight to the next, can't get through because of support beams etc. in the way.

I know it'd be ideal to house the cable inside the soffit but taking the fascia and soffit off would be a big job!

So, my question is, can I take the gutter off, clip the cable to the fascia and run it behind (not in) the gutter (which I'll then put back on) and then, as and when, drop it back (through the fascia) into the soffit to the next light?

I've attached 2 pics of what I mean, you will see that above the soffit is a leaning roof, it's not another room or anything, which means there's kind of a 'seal' between the roof stones and the fascia.

I know I can do this, but my priority is safety.

I should add this is TRS (tough rubber sheethed) cable.

spotlights.png
fascia.jpg

Reply to Tried endlessly to fish a cable down a soffit, can it be ran along the fascia instead? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I'm planning to remove a stud wall seperating my dining room and kitchen. On the dining room side of the stud wall, there is a double...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some clarification on MCB and cable sizes I need to run for a new kitchen. Cables will run through a combination of...
Replies
Views
I’m running wires to the basement for future basement finishing. I’d like to add two circuits of outlets (one on the finished side and one on the...
Replies
Views
Just had three split Air Con units installed at my home, the ones with an indoor and outdoor unit. I (perhaps naively) trusted the installers...
Replies
Views
I own a top floor tenement flat that I used to live in and then rented out after I married. It is currently empty whilst some work is being done...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock