Discuss Panasonic HIT 250 in roof panels. Anyone used them? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

saint

-
Reaction score
Has anyone used these panels? a customer has asked us to quote for 12 on a garage that is being built.
Can you suggest a supplier of these or are they new and yet to be MCS accredited cos i can't find them advertised on line anywhere.
Thanks

:lol: Unless you use solar slates or something similar, it is just the mounting system that changes. Renusol do black clips that look good on black panels such as the Panasonic / Sanyo to with the in roof system. We can provide info and prices for this mounting system if required.

Has anyone used these panels? a customer has asked us to quote for 12 on a garage that is being built.
Can you suggest a supplier of these or are they new and yet to be MCS accredited cos i can't find them advertised on line anywhere.
Thanks
PANASONIC took over SANYO

Try Swinthenbanks

OP - have you looked at Romag's PowerGlaz tile-integrated solutions? Might be an alternative for you if you need one. I was configuring an Eltek inverter system with these modules recently and the spec's look pretty good, not sure how they stack up in terms of cost compared to the Panasonics though.

dansk, that looks great. i've had a couple of quotes on the mounting and it's not cheap.
Could you fit the panels and then tile around or do you need access to the internal tile edges before the panels are put on?

If your customer is doing this for investment purposes, it is a waste of time going to the expense of an integrated system, they do not perform well as the panels overheat, therefore dropping the performance.
If you look at any roof mounted system that has a 100mm air gap underneath which aids cooling, performance still drops as the panels heat up, how much do you think they will heat up Integrated in a roof?

But if they are doing this just to produce some electricity, and want it to look good, then they have to pay the price.

Just my thoughts.

dansk, that looks great. i've had a couple of quotes on the mounting and it's not cheap.
Could you fit the panels and then tile around or do you need access to the internal tile edges before the panels are put on?

Cheers - Yes indeed, it was only because it was a retro fit that the tiles were their, but yes you could install and leave it to be tiled at a later stage. One thing we did was point the edge of the tiles up, but only because the customer was sound as a pound - the destructions dont tell you to do this.

added: It looked mint this job when it was done because the left bank was flush with the surface of the thermal that was already installed.

Reply to Panasonic HIT 250 in roof panels. Anyone used them? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net