Discuss Salon backwash unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

well for a start you are only paying for what you use. Water heating via electric is never going to be cheap, the unveted tank would continually be Keeping the water up to temperature and possibly the Water would not get used.

Unvented water heaters are well insulated so that they only loose a tiny amount of heat in 24 hours, I can't remember the exact figure but on one I fitted last week it was surprisingly small.

The heat loss from unused water is very small and I would expect the unvented heater option to have better overall economy and energy efficiency.

Sorry @davesparks i dont think there would be much init economically probably slightly in favour of the instantaneous. & from the salon owners point of view running out or having no hot water is a nightmare and very unprofessional as hair that is coloured or wet cut cannot be done Snd the business losses money And the tank always runs that risk. 15L is not a huge amount!

as a side note if a house had a sink In the kitchen and a basin In The bathroom would you prefer a 120L tank heated off imersion being used or a 10kw instantaneous water heater for economical purposes?

I’d never choose instantaneous option if I had a choice. Inherently more dangerous, looks crap, flow is crap, unreliable, expensive to run.

Combi boiler would probably be ideal in the salon. Wonder what type of heating the place has. If electric then max demand must be getting very close to 100A.

I've fitted one of these a few weeks ago to feed 4 wash hand basins.

It heats up quick enough to service the women's toilets, so pretty constant use. Even peak times like lunchtime etc.

I've fitted one of these a few weeks ago to feed 4 wash hand basins.

It heats up quick enough to service the women's toilets, so pretty constant use. Even peak times like lunchtime etc.
is that so the women can get hot flushes?

Should have updated this.

She rang yesterday morning (after trying to phone on Saturday morning, despite me telling her that the wholesalers would not be open again until Monday due to reduced hours with respect to COVID-19 - I didn't answer the Saturday morning call).

I told her that I didn't see mounting shower units to the chairs as an option as the chairs were not designed for this purpose, but were intended for a hot water feed ran into them. She told me that this was the way she had always done them, and I answered that I appreciated that, but it still wasn't the intention of the manufacturers of either the chair or the shower.

She said she would think about it and get back to me. I've heard nothing since.

Reply to Salon backwash unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock