Discuss Shower cu/tails in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bathroomboy

Installing shower cu with 16m/m tails and 10m/m t&e to shower, I will need to put cables through the top of the shower cu case, how do I comply with ip regs, i.e not able to pass anything above 1m/m into the case, can I use grommets on the cables or is there a better method.
Tails far too stiff to feed from the bottom. Maybe if I mount it on batons I could feed the cables through the back of the casing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Generally, you can seal the tops with silican seal, I do this, but where possible, I use a single or dual plastic back box. These are used for plastic conduit, of plastic trunking.
( They are more durable than normal moulded back box. )
The plastic box top and bottom I cut off, leaving the female threads on the sides, screw behind the cable entry close to c.u. entry, after c.u. done, finnish with blank plate, and warning sticker, then seal with silicon gun.... ;)

Cheers for that just done my 17th and they said the assesors are really stringent in this area, like to get right first time.

Still not clear on this, I will have to cut slots to enable the cover to go on the cu, is what you are saying to put the the cable in some form of trunking above the cu?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Shower cu/tails in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I need to install an additional consumer unit. Normally I would put the existing tails into Henley blocks and feed both CU from there, but in this...
Replies
Views
Hi. I am planing on building a (not sure what to call it) U shaped storage solution which goes either side and above the headboard of a bed. I...
Replies
Views
I’m rewiring a massive house and there’s a feed to a c.u in the old black rubber cable that needs replacing. I know that Meter tails follow the...
Replies
Views
So that I can understand how the electrical energy that I consume is being used I want to fit one of these to my consumer unit (CU) -...
Replies
Views
What's the most badly designed accessory you've had to install? I present my nomination, the ML Accessories/Knightsbridge RWL5 wall-mounted LED...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock