Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss transformer on my local housing estate should i report it? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sunchaser2008

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

This transformer is on my local housing estate, basically there is a wire (not sure if insulated), within easy touching of the fence. there's lots of kids playing round this area and im worried someone might injured/killed. the wire looks a biy like the size of a seatbelt.

could this be dangerous if touched or do you think it will be insulated.

S

SirKit Breaker

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Without seeing it, it is hard to comment, but a call to the local electricity company wouldn't go a miss, better safe than sorry. If you look around this transformer there should be a phone number somewhere, if not, then i would inform local police, and let them do the calling for you, but dont dial 999.

Cheers..........Howard

R

RISElectrical

Could just be an earth strap but wouldn't hurt to get it checked

A

alarm man

This transformer is on my local housing estate, basically there is a wire (not sure if insulated), within easy touching of the fence. there's lots of kids playing round this area and im worried someone might injured/killed. the wire looks a biy like the size of a seatbelt.

could this be dangerous if touched or do you think it will be insulated.
id do what anyone else would do,ring the leccy board not sign up to a forum..
ps..if your house is on fire dont ring a sparky,some people do..

DNS1

-
Arms
Esteemed
I agree, DEFINITELY make the call... worst thing that could happen, the DNO waste an hour... Imagine how you'd feel if you ignored it and a kiddie was killed...

G

Geordie Spark

I'm wondering if the OP would join a plumbers' / gas fitters' forum if (s)he smelled gas in the street.

A

alarm man

he doesnt care,thats why he posted over 11 hours ago and never bothered to look at the replies,the same as the many one post wonders

A

alarm man

I'm wondering if the OP would join a plumbers' / gas fitters' forum if (s)he smelled gas in the street.
probably,unless by some strange quirk of fate he was standing behind a bg van and their signs on the back..smell gas..join a sparks forum..:bucktooth:

G

Guest55

I've got the number of some irish scrap metal recyclers who'll remove the offending wires.

S

sunchaser2008

Hi thanks for replys: ive contacted northern powergrid by e-mail. i think it might be an earth starp as 1 of the posters has said above as i searched on google and it looks something of the like. ill see what reply i get

thx again

DNS1

-
Arms
Esteemed
Most substations around here have a sign with a phone number on... pretty standard as far as i know... why didn't the OP just ring them?!

G

Geordie Spark

I've got the number of some irish scrap metal recyclers who'll remove the offending wires.
No need for that ...... I've got a Pikey girlfriend who would be very happy to do that !!! ;)

Reply to transformer on my local housing estate should i report it? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom