Discuss Anyone using PV-Sol Expert in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

lspelectrical

Hi All,

Have very recently upgraded to PV-Sol Expert for shading calculations, but am not getting on well at all. The very first system I have to design is a tent roof with perpendicular eaves and a bay which forms a dropped hip to main roof on south side. Does anyone know how to combine two roofs on one plane and then apply one array. The "join" between the two roofs which actually form one pitch stops me from creating an array over the join. I know it's possible because SDC have sent me a screenshot of one, but I can't seem to do it myself. Also I'm having great difficulty with selecting a decent view for the screenshots and for viewing the sun's path. Any help would be appreciated.

Image attached

Anyone using PV-Sol Expert 7A001 - MORRISON.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't do what you're trying to do but if you scan your eyes down a couple of threads you will see that (as far as I can make out) this limitation of the software will not be present in the new version (5.5)

I have new version 5.5!! And also have a screenshot from SDC showing array over 2 roofs (image attached) You'll need to zoom in to see the "join". Unfortunately SDC only sent me screenshot and not project file:dizzy2:

Anyone using PV-Sol Expert 7A001 - SDC DESIGN REF SHADING  - EletriciansForums.net

Hi SolarCity,

Many thanks for reply. It seems I must be one of the first to have 5.5. The screenshots on the post look amazing, but I've pressed every button I can find and can't get it to do anything like that. Unfortunately the huge cost of the software prevents me paying out the huge cost of the training in the same quarter!!

Hi experts,
Has Anyone got Pv sol to send out for us to download can't believe the price of it

Two posts and both asking for freebies. It’s like spamming in reverse.

People pay good money and like you I doubt they could believe the price but they had to pay it.

The way I look at it is PVsol as a sales tool will pay for itself in the first couple of jobs if not the first one.

I don't mind payin but when it's 3 times more than it should be!!
And yes it is for the eggsperts
Happy Easter

Have you completed your training now, as that is costly too I did the opposite to you and couldn't afford the Pv sol in the sane quarter

I have new version 5.5!! And also have a screenshot from SDC showing array over 2 roofs (image attached) You'll need to zoom in to see the "join". Unfortunately SDC only sent me screenshot and not project file:dizzy2:

View attachment 10830

Ispelectrcal I have the same problem as you. Did you find the way to do it? Could you share it with us? If someone else know please help. I have the Expert 5.5 edition.

Reply to Anyone using PV-Sol Expert in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock