Discuss Band 1 Band 2 circuits.. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

linetech

Hey Guys,

Back again to check something on the title topic. Going to be using one of my installs for NIC reg and was wondering how we figure with intruder alarms run off A1. Without delving back into the books at the minute I do remember something about the alarm feed affording the same insulation properties as the circuit feeding the alarm, and/or segregation or separationis required. Wouldn’t want a sharp assessor picking up on how many ways are taken up in the new CU & noticing that the alarm does not have its own designated circuit..

Question do I really have to trunk this up to be sure..Thanks in advance!

you can spur the alarm FCU off the RFC, fuse down the FCU to 3A. what you need to be aware of is that you must not run the LV mains feed in the same trunking as alarm cables.

I treat an alarm as a fixed appliance and there should be a termination point ie a unswtched fused outlet fitted with a 3 amp fuse as for a dedicated circuit well that could be for a fire alarm in a commercial setting. Also intruder alarms can suffer from induced AC pickup when you run the cables along side 230v cables and sometimes this cannot be helped so have a look at Alarm Test Equipment And False Alarm Management Solutions for more info on this . You can also test for this by setting your meter to ac and measuring the voltage on the alarm panel between +12vdc and earth and if the voltage is over 20vac then fit a filter or drain from act meters

Reply to Band 1 Band 2 circuits.. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net