Discuss Chint 4.0kw inverter, Anyone used them before? 16A limited? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

GreggElectrical

Due to supply problems I ended up panic buying a Chint CPS SC4KTL-O. I took it out of the box today and noticed a G59 sticker. I called Chint, too busy to talk to me (also were very rude, and knew next to nothing). Someone useful was going to call me this afternoon but nearly 11pm so I'm guessing he's still on the phone...

In the absence of Chint's help, can anyone tell me if these inverters are 16A limited of if I can set it myself. I can't see any SMA style dials.

Also any feedback on these units would be great as I can now source a Fronius. I spoke to them today (Fronius) and was very impressed. Might be thanks but no thanks Chint....

If you have access to a fronius inverter and can return the Chint one then that would be the option if it was me, I would be very surprised if this inverter is limited to 16amp, if Chint are as per their past history then opening up the case will probably reveal an eversolar or some other generic chineese inverter under the bonnet.

Thanks for that. Best hope is that it is an Eversolar underneath as these are 16A limited. I'm going to try and return this morning anyhow.

Yet another example of how the six week window has caused chaos.

If anyone has installed one let me know.

Reply to Chint 4.0kw inverter, Anyone used them before? 16A limited? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I received a call from a person who was not a customer of mine asking to connect up his 8 kW PV system. Its a new build and the modules were...
Replies
Views
I'm not an electrician, just a householder (though do work in an area given a kick in the family jewels by government decision last year). I am...
Replies
Views
F
A few weeks ago, I had my solar panels remove from my roof and then replaced. Sadly, on removal, one panel was warped and on letting the fixing...
Replies
Views
B
Prefix - I've tried to post this in automotive, but it would not let me. This may be because I have not been recently active. Apologies if this is...
Replies
Views
R
Five days without solar but guess I haven’t missed too much yet, thanks to the grotty weather. I’ve had my solar installation since June 2011...
Replies
Views
iconnect
I

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock