Discuss Circuit Metering in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

You suggested this one, but I am struggling to find anything bigger than a 32A.

I have found a 50A Single pole in India Hager Site but nothing on the UK Hager site.

I don't think you will find a 1 module carrier over 32A. realistically do you think you need to provide 50A to each office?
you will find it easier with regards to metering with 32A distribution circuits IMO as that's what most 1module din rail mounted KWH meters are rated to. just my opinion...

I don't think you will find a 1 module carrier over 32A. realistically do you think you need to provide 50A to each office?
you will find it easier with regards to metering with 32A distribution circuits IMO as that's what most 1module din rail mounted KWH meters are rated to. just my opinion...

Only concern I have is they will be running 5 Double sockets, 1 Heater (1.5KW) and a 40W LED Lamp.
I dont think the load will exceed 32A but it might get close if they have a kettle & heater on at the same time.

Thanks but neither will be big enough, theres 40 offices, so needs to be 16 or 18 way TP&N

I was looking at the Hager or Havells 18Way DB, just need to find a suitable fuse carrier.

Does anyone have any concern about a 32A BS88 not being big enough for the demand? The calculations say it should be fine.

Thanks but neither will be big enough, theres 40 offices, so needs to be 16 or 18 way TP&N

I was looking at the Hager or Havells 18Way DB, just need to find a suitable fuse carrier.

Does anyone have any concern about a 32A BS88 not being big enough for the demand? The calculations say it should be fine.
Not big enough? The second link is a 24way TPN, that gives 72SP ways!
They were only examples of what is available out there, its up to you to specify the exact product you need.

I have many concerns about this, least of all the rating of the fuse

Last edited:
I didnt want to go down the route of a Reyley Board because this DB will also supply lighting and Sockets to the hallways and the toilets.
You are very unlikely to get a single board capable of fulfilling all your requirements here, much better to have a board for the distribution circuits and another for the final circuits.
I thought this kind of basic design was still taught as part of an apprenticeship?

You are very unlikely to get a single board capable of fulfilling all your requirements here, much better to have a board for the distribution circuits and another for the final circuits.
I thought this kind of basic design was still taught as part of an apprenticeship?

The other problem I have is the budget. It wont facilitate a £1,000 DB Board!

The other problem I have is the budget. It wont facilitate a £1,000 DB Board!
You're buggered then of the pricing of the job is being done backwards, you wont be able to deliver a safe amd compliant installation.
Design should be done first, then quotes submitted based on the approved design. Not the price set and then the design bodged to fit it.

You're buggered then of the pricing of the job is being done backwards, you wont be able to deliver a safe amd compliant installation.
Design should be done first, then quotes submitted based on the approved design. Not the price set and then the design bodged to fit it.

No Quote has been submitted or Design.

Thanks for all your help, I agree that a 32A should be more than big enough for this project.
I was just a bit over concerned as the sockets are running off a 32A.

Reply to Circuit Metering in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net