Discuss SolarEdge monitoring portal update in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dave -geo .

Like I said it will take 10 mins of my time to do this for you.

Why your installer can not do it I will never know ! laziness prob....

Can I ask you a question

Did your installer run ethernet cable in to router or did you have to do this?

what a rubbish service !!!!

MEP, I am in touch with SolarEdge and they have now asked for the installers email address which I have now sent them. Presumably they just want his ok.

I have done all the ‘work’ so they have all the details to set it up. I will ring him tomorrow to make sure he has received the email and responded.

I had connected an Ethernet lead to the previous inverter which was a Theia. The Theia was much better for the end user to use as you just plug it in and it works however I do realise why the SolarEdge is a more complicated setup. All the installer had to do was remove the Ethernet lead from the Theia and plug it into the SE inverter. I originally installed the Ethernet lead to the Theia as that was just left without any connection. The router is right next to the inverter so all I needed was the lead.

As for why the installer hasn’t registered it then your guess is as good as mine and you probably have the right answer!

If I don’t get it setup in the next few days then I will take you up on your kind offer.

Thanks for your continued interest.

Thanks to a kind memeber of SolarEdge staff who monitors this forum I have now got access. It isn't working properly yet as the panel layout isn't showing correctly and the four buttons [FONT=&amp]chart, report, alert and admin to the right of the dashboard and layout buttons are not showing. Hopefully they will get this sorted soon.

Thanks to everyone who has helped by PM and directly on this forum it is really appreciated.
[/FONT]

Well it is all set up correctly now, well almost. The only thing they need to do is put the correct FIT payment in as they seem to have set it at about £ 0.086 per Kwh. It appears that I cannot set the tariff myself and that I need to contact them when it changes which seems strange. I now have the buttons chart, report and alert. Apparently the admin button is only for SolarEdge employees and company managers, I don't know if the admin button would allow me to change the tariff myself but it is no big deal.

It is interesting to look at the charts and identify the panels that are shaded to see the difference it makes. As we still have scaffolding up it is also surprising the impact just one vertical scaffold pole has even if it only shades halfway up the panel.

Anyhow I think my problems are nearly sorted now so once again thank you to everyone who has helped.

The admin button is available to end users/installers :)

Screen Shot 2012-05-09 at 17.58.12.png

Last edited:
dansk, I am sure someone else will be along to confirm if I am right but my understanding is that you should have an account from which you can monitor all your installs. This account would have all the buttons. Your clients generally just get the two buttons. If you haven't got all the buttons at your fingertips then you can not properly track individual panel performance and problems.

I may be wrong on the above but that is my current understanding of how it works.

I have a main account where I can manage all the systems I have installed.

i can add tariffs , site images etc etc add user / owners .

I also can decided if the user has full admin control or not.

se example.JPG

Hi MEP ELECT

Just to keep you up to date on my failed five month SolarEdge 4kW system, is still down.

As we discussed disconnecting the DC from the inverter gave 16.9V. The new control PCB was fitted yesterday but after pairing we got P ok 14/14 for my 16 panel system and only 1.6V DC and of course no output. According to the monitoring portal, panel 14 last communicated May 1st and panel 11 last communicated May 3rd. which more or less coincides with the two failures.

Because there appears to be 16.9V on the string the SE4000 inverter was replaced today with a new one. Sadly we still get 14/14 and 1.6V DC and no output.

It may be possible to reach panels 11 and 14 from the ridge to change the boxes if it ever stops raining. Failing that its up with the scaffold and change the boxes. Unfortunately I have a conservatory across the back of the house so they will need an eight meter scaffold bridge. It's not going to be cheap or quick.

Regards, Trader9.

Reply to SolarEdge monitoring portal update in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net