Discuss The Folly of EPC in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Uk behind everyone else?
Uk unprepared?
UK leaving it til the last minute?
UK Government sticking their heads in the sand?

surely not!

Got a last minute order, which we can install next week! Down side is that it is a new build without any central heating installed yet so guess what....? No EPC can be done!

So customer is scrambling round trying to get a boiler, tank and controls mounted before the assessor can go in....oh joy of joys!

I thought an EPC assessor can 'Assume' what is going in and do the EPC on that, might be worth asking

I thought an EPC assessor can 'Assume' what is going in and do the EPC on that, might be worth asking

Unfortunately predicted EPCs are not acceptable so it means new builds where the PV is installed at first fit stage will have to wait until the property can get an EPC of D before applying for the feed in tariff, which frankly is ridiculas as building regs mean new builds now have to have at least a C rating I think (it could be B) so its illegal for a house to be built and not ahve an EPC of D or above

Agree with above but the Domestic Energy Assessor is not interested if the equipment works or not, it only has to be fixed on site.

Therefore if the boiler is mounted and the cylinder and stat is in place and the controls are on the wall and can be photographed its good enough.

If DEA follow same rule then picture of segment EWI is sufficient as proof of superior insulation? open call for misinterpretation.

Unfortunately predicted EPCs are not acceptable so it means new builds where the PV is installed at first fit stage will have to wait until the property can get an EPC of D before applying for the feed in tariff, which frankly is ridiculas as building regs mean new builds now have to have at least a C rating I think (it could be B) so its illegal for a house to be built and not ahve an EPC of D or above

If that's the case then it's an absoulute disgrace. The EPC requirement should then be waived for new builds as it's a given the property will get a D rating. EPC requirement should be scrapped altoghether come to that.

Agree with above but the Domestic Energy Assessor is not interested if the equipment works or not, it only has to be fixed on site.

Therefore if the boiler is mounted and the cylinder and stat is in place and the controls are on the wall and can be photographed its good enough.

That is what the energy assessor has advised us but the customer is now running round like a blue ar$ed fly trying to get the boiler, switches etc on site and mounted over the weekend so the assessment can happen - it'll be close but we'll get it done!

EPC....grrrrrrr - i'm off now for a stiff drink!

Reply to The Folly of EPC in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock