Discuss unusual breaker in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cribby

Can any body tell me what this is ( see pic attached) It was in a not so old French Dis board. Its part of a first floor lighting CCT with 2 light fittings and 2 switches either end of a landing hall previously the breaker would click when the light was switched, Ive changed the Dis board which was less than 2 years old fitted with wired fuses hows that for European Norm!As it didnt fit the new board Ive fitted it in its own small box Ive wired it as it was in the old box but no joy. any Ideas Guys 033.jpg

Its just a standard modular contactor, coil probably local 1ph voltage when energised it will close the main contact pins letting power through, often used when the load is too great for a switch to handle on its own.

That is actually a latching relay which recieves a pulse and latches into position without a constant supply to the coil. 2nd pulse then unlatches the relay.

That is actually a latching relay which recieves a pulse and latches into position without a constant supply to the coil. 2nd pulse then unlatches the relay.

How can you tell that mate? just looks like a normal 1 pole contactor to me? ive never use the one you talk about, but i bet theyre more reliable.

The one on the left in this link is the same one that's in the ops picture. Personally i like this type in the right application as you don't have a heating issue like a coil type.

Reply to unusual breaker in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

After 24 years my septic lift station pump and high water alarm needs to be replaced. It was tripping the breaker and the alarm was no longer...
Replies
Views
First, sorry if I'm not in the correxct thread. I'm trying to replace an old switch with a WIFI switch and cannot seem to do it right. There are...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm replacing standard light switches in my hall and landing with touch switches (not smart, just touch on/off) like these from Amazon...
Replies
Views
hello all, pardon my ignorance in not employing an electrician, however, im a diy'er whos changing the light switches in my house and came across...
Replies
Views
Been round to a house to quote to replace some storage heaters for new panel heaters and came across a strange (to me at least) way of wiring the...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock