Questions and electrical advice in the Electricians' Talk - Industrial installations can be discussed in this industrial electricians' talk forum. Way better than any ScrewSucks Community Forums. ElectriciansTalk Forum. Wiring, theories and regulations..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrical Jobs

R
HI My boss as recently finished 2nd fixing a property and he has put a 17th edition 7x7 board on. Hes also put a 2.5mm swa into the garage...
Replies
Views
H
Hi guys my bestmate asked me to rewire his house before he sells it , im doing it on the cheap as he fitted my boiler on the cheap only problem is...
Replies
Views
sparkyork
S
B
Hi, Could someone please advise: I already have a shower in the en suite which goes direct to the consumer unit. I now want to fit an additional...
Replies
Views
steadly
S
F
guys, I have a million questions lol. I am 31 willing to learn and a hard worker, but i have no electrical experience.would there be...
Replies
Views
fremantle
F
I fitted 2 metal light switches for my grandparents about a week ago and have been worried ever since about a wire coming loose. It's earthed, but...
Replies
Views
beaver74
B
E
Hi, are there any geniuses on here that are quite clued up with resistance in both series and parallel circuits?? I have just done an Microsoft...
Replies
Views
eskimo39
E
M
Hi guys Just putting some final touches to an assignmet that needs handing in next week, I really could do with some more ideas on the...
Replies
Views
mrs electrician
M
R
I have been an JIB 16th edition approved electrician for 25 years, with good experience on domestic and industrial installations. I wish to set up...
Replies
Views
ElectricMick
E
H
hi guys, need some help im wiring a indoor arena on a farm never done this type of work before so not sure what is required am going through the...
Replies
Views
hughesy
H
S
Hi all, I am new here and I just need a little guidance on an issue I am having. I purchased many years ago the following lighting rig. EVL Mini...
Replies
Views
swano8275
S
i all i am a traniee electrician i have completed my 2330 level 2 &3 i have some experince as a mate i wolud like to join a company to gain more...
Replies
Views
WarrenG
W
M
if a customers boiler has broken and a new boiler is installed i reconnect the new boiler and do a test but do i have to put it on an rcd and...
Replies
Views
BillR3
B
S
As there appears to be a forum for "professional" electricians, I guess amateurs can post here. Also, although the question refers to using a...
Replies
Views
sunnybrook
S
Hi, Just wondering if anybody knows what the proper name for a metal back box with a single and double space in one complete box is called, and...
Replies
Views
WarrenG
W
O
Zs
Hi, hopefully a quick question for you guys. Can you take a Zs reading with electrical equipment still connected to the circuit?
Replies
Views
T
A house that has 2.5m T&E from the back of a kitchen socket (ring) outside the wall in a thick water pipe burried 2ft underground, travels about 7...
Replies
Views
S
Hi Can someone tell me if they know the correct amperage for a mains plug fuse that's plugged into a 230-volt power supply unit in a UK PC? I...
Replies
Views
S
I bought a new hotpoint electric hob which says it must be wired to a junction box with 6mm cable. Why should it be wired into a junction box...
Replies
Views
Jurassic Spark
J
D
ok my boss has given 2 of us a day to tray up a timber frame building coridor, ceilings double boarded ,has eight 45's which we have 2 make...
Replies
Views
i am taking my 2391 next week and i would find it helpfull if anyone knows where i can find last years exam papers for me to download ?
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock