Discuss In ceiling speaker isolation in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Morning all, wondered what your thoughts are here.
I‘m doing a rewire in a property along with a new consumer unit for a client.
they have now asked for installation of 4 pairs of in ceiling Bluetooth speakers, each pair is supplied by a 12v transformer. I’m trying to decide on the best way of isolation and have come up with the following options and wondered what everyone’s thoughts were.
Have them all on there own circuit with a dedicated rcbo on the CU. Lots of space in the CU.
Have them directly wired into there own FSU, customer doesn’t really want 4 FSU dotted around unnecessarily
Have each one onto a single socket in the ceiling fed off the socket ring, not necessarily the best for access incase of requiring isolaction.

any thoughts?

One fsu next the socket for the amp, suitably labelled.
Cheers for the quick reply but each pair of speakers has its own independent supply and built in amp. There all interconnected via WiFi and Bluetooth. Which would mean 4 fused spurs which the client isn't keen on. Unless your suggesting one fused spur and then all connected via that?

Yes, one fsu next to the amp and labelled, ideally lockable as well as it is a remote isolation. That feeds all the speakers. On the rare occasions someone is working on the speakers they can isolate all four from one point.

Reply to In ceiling speaker isolation in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, So In my bathroom i already have four downlighters and i am wanting to add two Bluetooth ceiling speakers (see link below) What do i...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a property built in 1911. It has had asbestos artex applied to every ceiling in the house. I am currently creating a new...
Replies
Views
I own a top floor tenement flat that I used to live in and then rented out after I married. It is currently empty whilst some work is being done...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
I've just has a gym built in the garden and want to kit it out with a decent sound system. I know very little about newer technology hence asking...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock