Discuss Site survey, voltage data logging in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fezzie

Hello all,
I have ran into a problem with a SB3300 tripping out on a recent install. After checking mains volts and hertz I got a reading of 50.2 hertz and voltage fluctuating between 252v and 262v. A quick read of the inverter spec makes me think over voltage is the problem.
Can anyone recommend a good tester for logging mains supply, that could be left in situ for a period on site to prevent future problems.
Thanks in advance Paul.

If the voltage is fluctuating between 252v and 262v then you need to speak to the DNO. This voltage is out of their tolerance range of 10% and WILL be the reason why you SB3300 is having problems.

We've had the issue before and the DNO came out the same day.

If you need a data logger I would highly recommend the fluke 1735.

Thank you gents. Have spoke to DNO, meeting them on site tomorrow. I will take a look at the fluke, I would rather know before hand if there are potential problems.
Cheers Paul.

I have used Fluke 43B, various 430 series, 1740 and 1760 all are excellent. The 43B entry model is likely to be more than adequate for your needs. I've only required the extra logging channels and functional abilities of the bigger brothers on complex industrial installations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again. For the smaller domestic jobs I can just use my metrel meter. But some of my quotes are for 35/40 Kwp and I can not afford any problems, even if it's not my fault.
Cheers Paul.

Reply to Site survey, voltage data logging in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net